Why is MFP adding extra things to my Fitbit log?

Options
Hi, I've used MFP for a while now to log my food, but I just picked up a Fitbit flex last week. They seem to be syncing fine, except I keep noticing that on my Fitbit activity log, MFP keeps telling it that I'm walking my dog at midnight. Sometimes only for a few minutes, but sometimes for several hours!

Why does that keep happening?

Replies

• Juliagemz
    Juliagemz Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi, I am also trying to connect my FitBit to my MFP account. How did you do that? Basically, you enter your food on MFP and FitBit tracks your activity, correct? And somehow it syncs together and you get a consolidated report and combined results?
  • mandamerlot
    mandamerlot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Check your timezone settings on both MFP and FitBit.
  • theboysgirl
    theboysgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's not a time difference problem. It's actually logging activities that I've never added.
  • deoxy4
    deoxy4 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Your sleep walking! Fitbit never lies.:smile:
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    It's not a time difference problem. It's actually logging activities that I've never added.

That's odd.

I log all activities on fitbit, because I noticed there was an issue occasionally when the 2 sites would talk to each other. What would happen, is I would log an activity on MFP with the correct start time, but when it transferred the information to fitbit, the start time would get changed to something odd (like midnight). Now I just log my exercise on Fitbit's site to avoid having this glitch.