Weekend eating will be the death of me

Options
I feel like I do well during the week and then have a really hard time resisting food due to boredom or going out with friends wise on the weekends. Please tell me I'm not the only one with this problem.

Replies

• 1daviskristen
    1daviskristen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It is tough for me too. We went out Friday and I BLEW my count out of the water! Saturday was tough too. Today was better due to exercise but still ate way too much compared to during the week. Let's fix this....LOL
  • asianrunner
    asianrunner Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too! My only saving grace is that Saturdays are my long run days (8-10 miles).
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Scoping out menus beforehand is helpful. I went to Applebee's recently, and scoped out what I wanted to eat before I got there. Made it a lot less stressful to try and figure out options right at the table.

Weekend wise, I still try to stay on track. My shelves are stocked with pretty good options, I'll drink smoothies, and work out extra to afford splurges. Food isn't good or bad. It's all about how you balance it in your life!
  • TheVevina
    TheVevina Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too. I ate double my calories on Friday and today >.< I've sorted and planned things out for this coming week so I'm optimistic
    Also found out that my trigger food is muffins haha... every time...
  • rak173
    rak173 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am struggling with the weekends! I use to eat dinners out on Friday and Saturday nights. I love these meals and try to make good choices, but it is very difficult to count the calories (they are not chains with nutritional stuff posted online). My goal is to continue going out for 1 meal a week and that can be my cheat meal (but within reason). What I have learned the most since starting to count my calories is that unless I prepare the meals, it is hard to control or even know what is in them!
  • MichkaMeShell
    MichkaMeShell Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is the sole reason why I have been at a standstill for over one year now. I eat terribly 51 out of 52 weekends.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Some weekends, yeah, you just want to go out and have fun and not care. I do it, it's good to have those days sometimes.

But you can't make it a habit every weekend.

There are ways to still enjoy the weekend and stay within your calorie goal.

If you dont work on the weekends, you have no excuse not to exercise. Take the time to burn more calories if you are expecting a heavy calorie night.

There are decent options at restaurants. You dont have to eat a meal worth 1,200 calories. Look at their nutrition information beforehand or make better decisions. Opt for a side salad instead of fries, ask for no bun, learn what alcohol drinks have less/more calories.

Little decisions can make your day a lot better without feeling like you aren't having a good time.

Also, do you look at your weekly calories? I know for me some days during the week, I'm under by 100-200. So if I am 2 days during the week that is an extra 200-400 calories I can go over on the weekends and it wont really make a difference.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    This weekend involved eating out for almost every meal - birthday lunch, wedding, brunch with friends, and dinner at a friend's house. It was rough. I tried to rein it in but I was over both days, even with working out and walking a lot.
  • FatNotDead
    Options
    i eat great on weekdays and then eat my effing face off on weekend. it's my thing. ugh.
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    LOL, check out my diary for the past weekend, I completely blew it. But, I can get back on track this week and stay on progress. Just keep logging and doing what you need to do. I dont think anyone can stay that disciplined to not over eat from time to time.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yes, weekends are a problem for me too. I eat light during the week just so I'll have plenty of weekend calories. I don't want to think about calories on the weekend.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Struggling here, too. And what's worse, is that I can't seem to get back on task during the week, either. Ugh.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    i eat great on weekdays and then eat my effing face off on weekend. it's my thing. ugh.

QFT
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    111lbs and complaining about how eating on the weekends is an issue. Gimme a break LOL. This is the single most insulting thing most fit people can do. Complain about how they can't lose more weight. It's an insult to the actual struggle some people have with weight.
  • amyk225
    amyk225 Posts: 154
    Options
    no im the same every weekend i indulge, sometimes wayy too much,and alot of it is junk, to be honest its actually started to make me worry:(
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Weekends are definitely more challenging. It's' worked for me to just go with it. I eat at enough of a deficit Monday to Friday that I can indulge on Saturday and Sunday and still lose weight. I don't gorge myself or anything - I probably eat just over maintenance on weekends. But it's kept me on track, knowing that I can take the weekends off, so to speak.
  • ckasap
    ckasap Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You really aren't! Saturdays are usually okay because I take a Zumba class in the morning but Friday nights/Sundays are the WORST! I get so lazy and figure "oh I do well all week, I can eat whatever" and while I'm not gaining weight it leaves me so sluggy and gross on Monday.
  • JoanneLynn
    JoanneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You have to decide what is more important to you. Staying committed to getting heathy or doing what you did in the past which caused you to be unhealthy. It's your choice.
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    Pre-planning can help you here. On Friday night, think about the things you want to eat over the weekend and start building the meals right then and there. If you're going out with friends, try to make a concrete decision on a restaurant beforehand and skim their nutrition facts online so you can choose something that will fit into your calorie goals without even having to look at a menu on the premises. Once your plans are made, all you have to do is stick to 'em. If you're anticipating an event that will make you go over your deficit goal for the day, try aiming for maintenance calories that day. If you end up going over both the deficit AND maintenance, just know that one day of that won't ruin everything if you get right back on schedule for the upcoming week.
  • rae_rae330
    rae_rae330 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've been yoyo dieting for ages now.....lose during the week, and put it all right back on on the weekend. This weekend I made sure I made everything I ate, as well as logged everything! It was a huge success! Only gained back .8lbs instead of my usual 3-6lbs!! Finally think I'm going to actually make some progress now! :-)