HELP THE NEWBY!!!

Options
Hey, this looks like a great weight loss tool.....I have to lose this baby fat and am about to give up. I need lots of friends and support. My goal was to lose weight over summer break (I'm a HS Math Teacher), but that didn't happen. How are you guys losing all the weight? When I looked through the message boards I saw some awesome success. Please, share the secrets. I'm desperate.

Replies

• MChandler
    Options
    Hey, this looks like a great weight loss tool.....I have to lose this baby fat and am about to give up. I need lots of friends and support. My goal was to lose weight over summer break (I'm a HS Math Teacher), but that didn't happen. How are you guys losing all the weight? When I looked through the message boards I saw some awesome success. Please, share the secrets. I'm desperate.
  • Jendaya35
    Jendaya35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Welcome and let me start by saying you came to the right place. Tracking your food will most certainly make your goals alot easier to obtain. Good luck, and again welcome to MFP!:flowerforyou:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Whoo! Welcome!

Remember, take it one day at a time, one decision at a time.

Planning ahead really helps, that way you don't get to the end of the day, going I'm really hungry and I only have 10 calories left...:angry: been there done that!

If you overindulge one day, let it go! Don't beat yourself up, just start over the next day.

Change up your routine. Don't do the same exercise every day...mix it up! Walk, ride a bike, go to the gym, run on an elliptical, roller blade, swim, play tennis...whatever, just mix it up! It'll keep you interested and may open up a lot of hobbies or activities that you wouldn't have thought you'd enjoy!

Remember, you CAN do this, it just takes hard work but it pays off in the end (like doing your homework everyday helps you with finals... lol)
  • clairegl
    clairegl Posts: 82
    Options
    For me, it's been trial and error. You learn what works and because nothing is off limits you just try it and if it doesn't work you know not to do it again, or to eat less or what have you.
    It's all about changing your life. Baby steps.
    Good luck and congratulations!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    --measure, weight, and track everything!

--exercise, exercise, exercise!

--trust the system! MFP is a great tool, trust it. Eat your exercise calories, too!
  • MChandler
    Options
    OMG...Thanks so much!!

I can do it.:bigsmile: