Fitness tracker recommendation - non wireless

Options
Hi All,

I would like to purchase a good quality fitness tracker which does not have wireless or Bluetooth capability. Just don't want to have those waves attached to my body 24/7. Any suggestions on devices that have worked for you?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    not sure there are any as the convenience of wireless is appreciated by many. The old Fitbit Ultra plugs onto a base station but also has ANT+ short range radio data for uploading when close by.

HRM chest straps are wireless communicators.
  • ametolie
    ametolie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The Jawbone UP original is 99.99 and is not wireless/bluetooth.
  • Rocs_Fitness_Journey
    Rocs_Fitness_Journey Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just bought a BodyBugg version3 (Older version) on ebay recently. It's great and also not Bluetooth. You can get them pretty cheap now that the newer ones are available.
  • hei_ma_ma
    hei_ma_ma Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Just don't want to have those waves attached to my body 24/7.

I don't think you have to worry about waves. You are bathing in electromagnetic radiation "waves" at all times, whether or not you are wearing a device that receives or transmits them. Radio signals, TV signals, cell phone signals, wireless internet, and the background radiation from the big bang are all zinging around and through you right now! No scientific study has yet identified any harm to humans from non-ionizing radiation. Maybe if you have a pacemaker you should avoid wireless fitness trackers.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    While I think it's a silly reason; all these generally really do is count steps. That's it.
    So get a basic pedometer - even the cheap ones will work out calories for you.

Alternatively, if you have a smartphone (I'm presuming you don't, but you might use it with the stuff turned off most of the time), you can get an app to do it.
  • fittipal2014
    Options
    I totally understand you. I got the new jawbone up and then returned it. I know we are all surrounded by radiation constantly but having it actually on my wrist 24/7 is something I am not prepared to do. I could actually FEEL the radiation in my wrist which I could not stand. I just ordered the previous jawbone that you plug into your iPhone. I haven't received it yet but I'm looking really looking forward to trying it out. I'll let you know how it goes!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Errrrrr...
    Do you use your iphone with everything turned off (mobile network, wifi, bluetooth)?
    If not, I'd be willing to bet you get significantly stronger 'radiation' from that!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Get a mechanical pedometer.