I cannot stop binging, and I need help

I am about to be judged, but that is okay because I need help, and I need it now. I am at a healthy weight, and have been in maintenance mode for a couple of weeks. However, recently I have been abusing it. Last week was the beginning. Last Thursday night, I bought a package of birthday cake oreos, and ate the whole thing in less than 24 hours, along with some of another pack. I felt the effects( got sick), and said I'd never do it again. Saturday was an okay day, and Sunday was not terrible either. However... today I woke up, ate a reasonable breakfast (cereal), then ate a decent lunch (ham sandwhich), clementine, and mixed nuts. When I got home from school I decided to go on a run. I ran to the store (1 mile). I saw these Berger cookies (I LOVE them). I brought them home swearing I would only eat 2 (there are 8 in a package), and I ended up eating about 6. I threw them out after realizing what I had done, but soon found another issue. I had a whole pack of golden birthday cake oreo, and some regular ones that my parents had bought, and it was in the pantry. Something happened, and I couldn't contain myself. I ate about half of the package, and now I know something isn't right. I have never acted like this (abused food before), and I don't know the problem. I need help. I can't gain weight, and I need to stop this. Please, only kind responses! Help :(

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,139 Member
    Binging is binging and the only person that can control it, is you. What kind of answer are you looking for? Stop buying cookies would be a good start.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Eat "healthy" (whatever that means to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to bingeing.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • RebeccaJ0405
    RebeccaJ0405 Posts: 10 Member
    Food addiction is real, even among people who appear healthy. I know where you're coming from. I recommend finding a support group like Overeaters Anonymous. They also have online chapters as well. I haven't done that myself but if I felt that I were truly spiraling out of control I would definitely go.