Does anybody else's urine smell strongly after a workout?

Options
I've noticed that every time I pee after I've worked out for an hour during the day my urine smells strongly and unusual... Why is this? Does it happen to other people as well? Thank you.

Replies

• makingitbrilliant
    Options
    Are you hydrated? That would be my guess. Try upping the water before, during and after your workout...
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Strong urine is usually a sign of dehydration.

It is recommended that the average person drink at least 2 litres of water a day, PLUS more for working out.
  • AlishaRutledge25
    AlishaRutledge25 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mine does as well. I don't drink a ton of water , but its all I drink. Enough to stay hydrated. I noticed today it kind of smelled like cleaner. lol hope that not TMI. But I have been wondering the same thing.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    It's the ammonia you smell and the solution is more water to drink-I'd bet urine is also a darker yellow.
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I stay hydrated all day and never have that problem. Be sure to get enough fluids before and after working out.
  • HopelessM
    Options
    I'll make sure to drink more water than I already do, thank you for your responses!
  • lenchmob
    lenchmob Posts: 49
    Options
    How much water are you drinking per day HopelessM?

I would recommend trying to hit the 1.5 - 2 litre mark on days with no workout and 3 - 4 litres on workout days.

Also, do you take any type of Pre Workout supplements?