My one year journey

Options
ddzubow
ddzubow Posts: 65 Member
So today marks 365 days of logging on MFP. My journey has been one of many small successes, a few setbacks, and an overall appreciation of nutrition and fitness that I never had before in my life.

When I began, I was 210lbs, which to me was a good 30+ pounds heavier than I can remember being during my active years (high school & college). Adult life had taken its toll. That's not to say that I have a difficult life what-so-ever, but I had fallen into the rut of the day-to-day. I have a good job (albeit a sedentary one) and a wonderful wife, and I just got comfortable. I'd eat whatever I want and had stopped working out.

I won't go into the details as to the big AHA moment that made me make my changes, but suffice to say, I got a huge slap in the face one day which really hit me hard. I found MFP, got active, and haven't looked back.

Today I maintain a much healthier lifestyle - I plan most, if not all of my daily meals, staying within my calories more days than I don't. I workout a minimum of 5 days a week in addition to getting in my 10,000 steps a day (thanks Fitbit!). I'm happier, healthier, and I know my wife is enjoying my extra energy and the view :)

Thanks for reading and thank you MFP!

Me approximately one year ago:

wiu81u.jpg

and now me today:

o7qcnp.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!