Logging work?

Options
I work at a take-and-bake pizza shop and am always running around, prepping food, tossing dough, and taking orders. Some hours I stand around and some hours I break a mean sweat. I put my activity on sedentary because I wanted to log more accurately how much I actually work. I usually work 5 days a week for 4-8 hour shifts. I put each hour in as 80 calories regardless of the day. Is that right? If not, why and what should I do?

Replies

• im2lexi4myshirt
    Options
    bump
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You are clearly not sedentary so I would just change your activity level to active and don't log work as exercise.
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi

I wouldn't enter work related calories burned as that is already a part of your life. I take it you are looking to lose weight, therefore you have become overweight regardless of your work. I work as a nurse and being busy on my feet for 8 hours at a time didn't stop me from becoming overweight. Only log the additional exercise that you incorporate into your life.
    Good luck
  • ME0172
    ME0172 Posts: 200
    Options
    No. Change your activity level. Your daily activity level is separate and different than exercise.