What are some foods to stay away from?

Options
Im losing weight and ive been eatting oven baked pork chops and Arizona drinkks and im losing weight, what are some foods to stay away from

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    none..

eat what you like and as long as you stay in a calorie deficit you will continue to lose.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    There is no universal list of foods everyone should stay away from. The only foods that you personally should stay away from are any foods that you find yourself uncontrollably binging on that make you exceed your calorie goals. If there are no such foods and you are able to meet your calorie goal every week then have at it.

All I would say is you should give some consideration to having your diet be balanced for health reasons, meaning a reasonable split between carbs protein and fat and all the micronutrients your body needs.

Sorry, not a very punchy answer but there it is.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Artichokes, and arugula, and kale, and cauliflower. Pizza and ice cream taste so much better.

In all honesty, don't avoid food or restrict yourself too tightly, food is not the devil and you can still eat all the good stuff.

Rigger
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't drink your calories. Kind of a waste if you ask me. Plus the sugar content in Arizona drinks is extremely high.

Make sure you are eating a lot of fruits and veggies.

I have to avoid a lot of foods because I have Crohn's disease, insulin resistance and hypoglycemia. But unless you have medical issues that require you to avoid certain foods, you don't need to. It's all about moderation.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Foods that you will eat, eat, eat, and eat some more until everything you have is gone. For me it's salty grains like popcorn and saltines. This is not because you can't lose weight eating popcorn and saltines, but because I can't control myself and eat just a little.

Other than that, no, nothing really.
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    iceberg lettuce
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    - Ones you have an allergy/intolerance to
    - Ones you don't like the taste of
    - Ones you have portion control issues with
    - Ones with artificial trans fats (probably)
    - Pineapple - that shiz is nasty.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Anything that says "harmful if swallowed" or "do not ingest" on the label. Those little silica packets that comes with your shoes - don't eat those.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    - Onions - that shiz is nasty.

There. Fixed that for you.
  • midwestspitfire
    midwestspitfire Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Anything that says "harmful if swallowed" or "do not ingest" on the label. Those little silica packets that comes with your shoes - don't eat those.

Annnnnnnnnnd….. scene.
    :bigsmile:
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    E74CD7CF-3A60-47EC-8DE5-1061C181D6AB-208-0000001DFC73BB41_zps34d168de.jpg
    Options
    Ok! I'll admit it! I have a potato chip problem! Especially those ringolos made by Humpty Dumpty originally from the UK. They are very bad for me. I like to eat my entire TDEE in one sitting of them. With wine. Or diet coke. Or water. It doesn't matter with what really. I just have to eat all of them. You can put them on your fingers you know? And they kind of melt in your mouth. If you let them. If you're not too greedy.

So anyways, I try to only eat ringolos a few times a year. And I just put my potato chips in my peanut butter sandwiches. For protein reasons:P
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers
    Raw onion
    Eggplant
    Black licorice
    Options
    Cucumbers
    Raw onion
    Eggplant
    Black licorice

^this is ridiculous! All those foods are yummy, how are you supposed to enjoy ratatouille if you don't eat egg plant? and I feel very very sorry for souls who don't have any lack licorice:(
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers
    Raw onion
    Eggplant
    Black licorice

^this is ridiculous! All those foods are yummy, how are you supposed to enjoy ratatouille if you don't eat egg plant? and I feel very very sorry for souls who don't have any lack licorice:(

I can't cook eggplant, therefore stay away from it!! And black licorice is gross!
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Cat food. And other things labelled "not for human consumption".
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Whatever ones that put you over your calorie goal.

But on a different tone,

Sour Cream
    Avocado (I'll catch hell on here for that one)
    Fish ( that too)

These 3 things make me want to VOMIT.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers
    Raw onion
    Eggplant
    Black licorice

I can't cook eggplant, therefore stay away from it!! And black licorice is gross!

I agree with this guy. :D
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    everybody is different. I try to stay away from certain "trigger foods" to me. I am not saying they are good or bad but I just observe every time I eat this stuff in the morning, my whole day is collapsed. :)