Chobani-Is it REALLY that bad...

Options

Replies

• judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I like the Chobani Flips the one with chia is great also.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    I get the fat free plain kind and add my own stuff to it or just eat it plain. I like it.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Chobani has to be the WORST Greek yogurt I've ever tasted.
    I'm glad Whole Foods is pulling it from their shelves-- it means people will be able to discover more real tasting yogurt like Liberté or maybe PC can sell to them

http://m.prevention.com/food/smart-shopping/whole-foods-stop-selling-chobani-greek-yogurt
  • beckydragonpoet
    beckydragonpoet Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Chobani! It tastes great, a good source of protein and affordable.
  • fitchocolatechip
    Options
    I love Chobani so much!!! I like to mix the plain kind with cocoa powder and a crumbled up protein bar:) I like their fruit flavored ones (I love all the ones I've tried- apple cinnamon, peach, blueberry, strawberry) by themselves, and the Chobani Champions are a perfect little sweet and not-that-sinful treat!!:)
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Personally, I live by the stuff, along with many other people that I know. I eat a container almost every morning for breakfast.

To top all, its delicious.

But I've heard mixed reviews---so how do you feel about it?

Ewww, I don't like it.

I only like Noosa and Fage. Noosa is an Aussie style yogurt and of course Fage is greek style yogurt.
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I actually really like Chobani, although it has gotten a little watery here lately, I just pour out the extra liquid and mix it really good. I live the Blood orange and the KeyLime Flips. But most of the flips are really good,
    My husband likes Oikos better, and they are pretty creamy, but because of the limited flavors with Oikos I still go back to Chobani!!
  • morf13
    morf13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Not really fond of yogurt myself, would rather have cottage cheese,but I had my 1st Choboni today, the Almond coco loco, it was quite tasty,and I enjoyed it. I think it could have less sugar, but I am willing to try another one, I will try the key lime pie one tomorrow. Trying to keep my breakfasts around 350 calories, so I eat them with a banana
  • atiral
    atiral Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I LOVE almond coco loco!!!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Personally, I live by the stuff, along with many other people that I know. I eat a container almost every morning for breakfast.

To top all, its delicious.

But I've heard mixed reviews---so how do you feel about it?

Yuck.......I like Fage, Greek Gods and Noosa.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I buy it for the 100 calorie cups. I think they are better than the Yoplait ones, and for all I know, Yoplait uses GMO too anyway, so whatever.
  • lhevan
    lhevan Posts: 12
    Options
    I tasted several flavors of Chobani and really don't like the taste. The only other brand I've tried is Oikos and I prefer it over Chobani. Next on my list to try is Fage.
  • yuuen
    yuuen Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't like the taste. I like Voskos and a lot of people hate it, so....
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I used to love it but my taste has changed and I am a dedicated Fage fan!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I love it. I have 8 ounces with a scoop of protein powder (usually chocolate flavor) and some sliced strawberries for a mousse-like high protein dessert.
  • mathjegna
    mathjegna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Personally i don't eat any yogurt. I think its that live yogurt culture thing. I prefer my food dead.
    But to each his or her own, i'm sure it is good for you.
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to start worrying about GMO foods (and I'm not convinced that GMO is in itself bad/harmful) I'm going to have to cut out a whole lot more besides Greek yogurt.

I eat Dannon not that matters a lot. I don't know if they use GMO-grain-fed dairy. It's a big company so I'm just going to assume they do. I picked it because Fage costs more and I like the Dannon banana cream flavor.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of it, along with Fage. What the heck is the problem with it?

Apparently, its not deemed "healthy" with its ingredients and that the company hasn't passed inspection. Also, the bloating lid thing made them look bad. Personally, I think its all bs from other companies...

Chobani is a healthy snack and much better for you than most other commercial "yogurts" if you can even call them that. They have a lot of protein and all natural ingredients... how is this a bad thing?? Sure there is sugar, but I can think of a lot worse things to eat for breakfast or a snack.

As for the bloating lid thing... not sure I heard about that, but I did buy a case of Chobani from Costco and the lids were bulgy and the fruit at the bottom tasted fermented. I took it back and they said it was probably being stored at the wrong temperature: Costco's issue, not Chobani.

edited for spelling errors! :)
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I remember when Chobani was so thick that you could turn the cup upside down and it wouldn't fall out. Now it's really runny, even after I drain the liquid off. I also really don't like that they've made the serving size smaller for the same price. If it were as good as it used to be I wouldn't have minded, but it's not. I do still buy the Flips, but otherwise I buy Fage or Cabot.
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I seriously loathe chobani, but not for health reasons. It's just entirely too sweet for me. I started eating Greek yogurt because I liked that it wasn't as sickly sweet. Chobani is sickly sweet, kind of defeats the whole purpose if you ask me.

That being said, you could probably find something "unhealthy" about just about anything you eat. If you like it, and it fits in your goals, eat it