NO more BEER

Options

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    holy crap! 30 beers a week??? That's a LOT!

Drinking does add on the weight and it contribute to laziness, in my case at least. Ciroc and soda water with a twist is much better, but not 30 of them. lol

Congrats on teh weight loss! I'm glad you have come away from the dark side.. :smokin:
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    This thread is incendiary and sad and just plain wrong. I will pray for all of you.

:drinker:
  • BonecrusherBrews
    BonecrusherBrews Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    ^ FR sent!

Seriously, I also cut WAY back when I got serious about losing weight. There's really no other way - too many empty calories.

Although, I like beer WAY too much to just give it up forever. That's not sustainable for me. So, one or two beers a week has been working for me.

Great job on your progress! ((Cheers)) :drinker:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    That is better than me. I don't drink much, but I still do. I've been able to maintain at least.
  • killerdrums
    Options
    Hah, this place is great. You folks are funny, real people.

As I said, I WILL drink if I go out and they have IPA.........but I have not been out to eat in 32 days......

Beer IS great.........

I just want washboard abs, better biking, and feel better/look better.

I will turn 50 on May 7 so.........that is another goal of mine...........be the best I can be when I turn the big 5 0
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I gained a substantial amount of weight from drinking beer. . Cut it out of my intake two years ago and it's made nothing but a HUGE HEALTHY difference ....never give up!
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I would encourage anyone who drinks more than 7 alcoholic beverages a week to try a "no alcohol" month. It will be eye opening.

My bf and I did no alcohol for Lent, but we never drank too much (we probably average 4-5 drinks a week each) and it made no difference in our weight or general health. But, it was fun to try anyway!
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I am on day 30 of no Beer. I have lost 3.5 inches on my waste and 13 pounds while gaining .5 inches on my quads and keeping my biceps the same size. So I know that I have basically lost fat. I "replaced" my beer with A &W Diet Root Beer - for now....

I biked 32 miles this past week and I am feeling a HUGE difference.

Congratulations! It can be very difficult to give up something as rewarding as alcohol - the buzz is one of the rewards. Thirty per week, at least 4 per evening. It indicates you really liked it.

I brew and drink standard 5% beer, about one per day, maybe 2 or even 3 on a Saturday or Sunday. One can fit into my daily calorie count, two or more and I have to adjust. Fortunately for me, at my age any more than 3 is unpleasant. And I love biking.

Roll on!
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hah, this place is great. You folks are funny, real people.

I will turn 50 on May 7 so.........that is another goal of mine...........be the best I can be when I turn the big 5 0
    Oh, you are just a kid. Keep it up and don't let it drop over the next coupla decades.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I allow my ticker to speak for me.
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I have started drinking apple beer! Tasty and gluten free! You just have to taste test them and find which kind you like best. We prefer the Mikes Crisp apple but Hornsby's crisp apple is good too!

Congrats on your success! Keep up the great work!

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    I allow my ticker to speak for me.

i doubt ya drink 30 a week and for all we know that nice snifter in your ticker is full of piss beer coors light
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Awesome job!
  • killerdrums
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the encouragement! you folks are great and so positive.

I now have lost a solid 4" on my waist and have to buckle my belt to the second hole or my pants will fall down!

So its now almost time to go to my thinner jeans!!

I am not focusing on the weight so much though.........I am lifting weights and slightly torqueing my diet. I can start to see small veins in my arms, both calf muscles are popping through clearly on my legs, I have two distinct tricep heads and my abs are showing if I flex.........which means my body fat levels are going down and that is my main goal....no weight so much.

I am also Moving back into eating more meals but each one smaller.

I eat a salad for lunch with a diet root beer. My afternoon snack is a handful of raw, unsalted almonds and an apple....

I also am cutting carbs but have to be careful because after my 26 mile bike ride on Sunday I kind of crashed because I didn't eat enough carbs to recover.

I am learning how to eat better and balance things.......

One thing about the beer that was GOOD was I had all these carbs I could burn off running and biking........so I am still figuring all this out.

My birthday is May 7th and I might even have a beer just to celebrate, IF things keep going positive for the next few weeks.
  • killerdrums
    Options
    Somebody pray for me:glasses:

I am doing great on the no beer and I replaced it with diet root beer. But as of yesterday I dropped the diet root beer to take my diet up a notch.

The diet root beer is not that great. I saw a program on Dr. Oz with scientist showing how the carbonation leads to simple carb cravings. And its true in my experience.

So yesterday was my last diet root beer. I am now drinking water, milk, fruit/kale shakes, and Gatorade on the bike and after a bike.

I am happy I have kept my waist down 4" this whole time, and its shrinking even more. Now I am going to take it up one notch.

And YES, I drank ONE beer when we went out to dinner last Thursday. It was .........meh........okay...nothing that made me want to go to the grocery store and get more.
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am on day 30 of no Beer. I have lost 3.5 inches on my waste and 13 pounds while gaining .5 inches on my quads and keeping my biceps the same size. So I know that I have basically lost fat. I "replaced" my beer with A &W Diet Root Beer - for now.
    It taste great and is "less filling" :)

I should say......I drank Sierra Nevada Torpedo Indian Pale Ale. It has 260 calories for each bottle. I drank 30 bottles a week.
    So I basically cut 7800 calories a week from my diet. I have not changed my otherwise healthy diet. I am a biker who is training for races in the summer and fall. I also do long walks in the woods (hills) with my two Corgies and lift weights at home.

I biked 32 miles this past week and I am feeling a HUGE difference.

1. I no longer and burning off alcohol the first few miles.
    2. I can go faster since I weight less.
    3. Going to the bathroom is AMAZING. I pee better. I am guessing this is because my body doesn't have to work at dealing with the beer?
    4. I sleep better
    5. I am richer since I save $45 a week which means I spent $2340 a year on BEER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 bottles a week?? omg!!

But congrats on the weight loss and saved money!
  • ChrissyLee1980
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Tifftiff321
    Options
    I swapped out beer for other substances with 0 calories that get you to the same place! Best decision I have ever made.
    Hell yeahhhh :smokin:
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Cutting way back on alcohol is great way to speed up your weight loss. There just isn't that much room for the extra calories if you're trying to run a deficit and still get all your nutrition.

The other problem with too much alcohol is that it often leads to making bad decisions in food choices, which only compounds the calorie issue.
  • killerdrums
    Options
    Cutting way back on alcohol is great way to speed up your weight loss. There just isn't that much room for the extra calories if you're trying to run a deficit and still get all your nutrition.

The other problem with too much alcohol is that it often leads to making bad decisions in food choices, which only compounds the calorie issue.

YES
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!