"I don't even like running"

Options

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Hilarious. Totally me when I run. My thoughts are circles. And I always break down long runs like that (10 miles is 5 and 5….down to 4 miles that's 2 and 2.)
  • GI_John_RN
    GI_John_RN Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks. That was pretty good. Some of that isn't too far off.
  • gmove
    gmove Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    lol. '2+2' does make it less daunting. though i usually think "i can make it to (place) in (time)" and reset as i approach the site.
  • Nickle526
    Nickle526 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Ha! That was awesome!
  • Spooky_Scully
    Spooky_Scully Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hahahah, I just got back from a run and was identifying pretty hard with some of these!
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    love this - cheers!
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    This is very funny and very true.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Greeting people, I always wonder if my grin looks stuck in place.... :tongue:
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    * Jumps off curb * Parkour!

bahaha
  • Eringettingfit8
    Options
    this is great. i can totally relate.
  • beaky1980
    beaky1980 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Ha, I totally do a lot of these. Sometimes I run down the main street in my town and I glance at my reflection in the building windows. Yeah, I have the same reaction..yeesh.
  • lbelle987
    lbelle987 Posts: 97
    Options
    Hahaha, yes!
  • ronbo62098
    ronbo62098 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Too funny - #21 is generally why I don't go jogging. That and the fact that I really hate jogging (but I'll do an hour on the treadmill/elliptical - weird, I know).
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    today i made a wall post that i was gonna start running again today. then i had to work late and decided it was all to hard. then i read this post and decided 'bugger it, im going to go"

and i hit a PB for distance.

Thanks OP!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Hilarious. Totally me when I run. My thoughts are circles. And I always break down long runs like that (10 miles is 5 and 5….down to 4 miles that's 2 and 2.)

I do by minutes- I'm like well I made 5 minutes- that's a warm up- half way to ten- sweet.

Okay 10 minutes- I like it- lets make 15.

Well chit- 15 is half of 30 might as well do 30!!!
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Lol I read this the other day - so funny and so true! Especially the part about running up behind people and being concerned they'll think you're a mugger or something lol.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    lol:)

I used to tell myself that I loved the feeling of one sock falling down while the other one is up over and over (and... big smiles!) so as not to stop and try to deal with the problem:)
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    hahaha this is AWESOME....esp 37. I do that and feel like a bada$$ every time.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

I do by minutes- I'm like well I made 5 minutes- that's a warm up- half way to ten- sweet.

Okay 10 minutes- I like it- lets make 15.

Well chit- 15 is half of 30 might as well do 30!!!

I do it with time too lol
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    "54. Honestly, I don’t even like running.
    55. Why do I even run?
    56. Why does anyone even run?
    57. Why are we even alive?
    58. OK, let’s not go down that road."

LOL!

I used to think these types of things while swimming as well. Can't listen to music, so the brain really has quite a bit of time to go crazy. When I got tired of thinking about how to solve all of the world's problems I used to sing songs to myself...LMAO. It's so funny thinking about that.