elliptical trainer question

Options
2»

Replies

• betty51
    betty51 Posts: 52
    Options
    Hey thanks for all the comments . I will keep at it and see if this weight comes off!!!
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I've been using my elliptical since the beginning of the year, at least 30 minutes a day but sometimes I'll do it twice in one day for an hour total, and I've lost over 80 lbs so far. Back in March, I started adding "Body Pump" classes three times a week so I could get some weight training in. At this point, I think my legs and butt are starting to shape up pretty nicely (thanks to squats, lunges, and elliptical), and I'm having more difficulty in getting my midsection slimmer. I probably need to switch to something up.
  • ClaudiaKho13
    ClaudiaKho13 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    How the hell do you guys stay on the elliptical for more than 10 minutes? My quads freaking ACHE!!! And I'm not even doing it on a strenuous level. What gives????

I get tired very quickly too. what i do is write down how many calories i lost the first 5 mis take a 3 min rest then continue in the end i add up the calories i lost
  • chrstys
    chrstys Posts: 1
    Options
    What do you guys recommend to set the resistance level to for optimal weight loss results?
  • 12pillows
    12pillows Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    wow I hate that bloody machine! I always avoid it like the plague! So far I have mostly been sticking to the stepper, that burns the most for me, 10+ a min. Also helps the legs and bum!

This thread is making me want to give the elliptical another chance. I can never burn more than 7 calories a minute though, and it always feels like a waste of time. Maybe if I devote a week to really giving it a go I'll see improvement?
    How long did it take everyone to build up endurance on that hellish device?
  • lnewx001
    lnewx001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    d
  • lnewx001
    Options
    I
  • lnewx001
    Options
    wow I hate that bloody machine! I always avoid it like the plague! So far I have mostly been sticking to the stepper, that burns the most for me, 10+ a min. Also helps the legs and bum!

This thread is making me want to give the elliptical another chance. I can never burn more than 7 calories a minute though, and it always feels like a waste of time. Maybe if I devote a week to really giving it a go I'll see improvement?
    How long did it take everyone to build up endurance on that hellish device?

I've always used the elliptical, and I've just recently gotten back into exercising the past two weeks. I would say it took me about 2-3 times at the gym on the elliptical to actually see improvement. The fourth time at the gym on the elliptical I was able to bump up the resistance without any problem, and maintain my speed.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    It's not my favorite - I think I like my treadmill best - then my recumbent seat bike - then my elliptical.

My treadmill - I just get the biggest adrenaline rush after I use it - which I love.

My recumbent seat bike - I can read - so I can stay on it FOREVER.

My elliptical - well, I like it more than I used to............!