Who is using MFP and Fitbit together?

Options
I have started using the fitbit Flex since Saturday and am loving it and it was so easy to link to MFP! Plus I setup the sleep tracker Sunday night, didn't realize how restless my sleep is. But have notice I wake up feeling so refreshed since working out for the last 24 days! Wish I had my Flex when I started MFP, wonder how restless my sleep was then. Anyone else using a fitbit?

61073462.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I've been using it everyday since January 2013! I love it. It's really helped especially since I've been in maintenance.

Eta: over 5 300 000 steps since I started!
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I am! I have the FitBit One and I love it :smile:

There is a group for FitBit users here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1290-fitbit-users
  • DJManos
    DJManos Posts: 220
    Options
    Been using both together for awhile now...
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I use the fitbit! I like it for days when I don't work out to make sure I hit a minimum activity level, other than that I am deeply loyal to my heart rate monitor for workouts.
  • howekaren
    howekaren Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I had originally purchased a Fitbit Force in early February, only to have it recalled in early March. Now I have a Flex. I like it, but preferred the Force. I'm looking forward to its rerelease. I love the challenge it adds to my day, and the reminder to get in a few extra steps.

I do use a Heart Rate Monitor for my workouts, since they aren't primarily step-based.

I think it will be perfect when I get to my maintenance stage, for sure!
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I do and it's worked great for me. I have a desk job, so I know when I need to get moving and it starts adding calories to my day! I think it's been the best investment to keep me motivated yet.
  • changingL1sa
    changingL1sa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit for reminding me to get in those extra steps whenever I can. I had it synced to my MFP account but I recently changed that - I don't want to be eating back the calories I burn just walking day-to-day, I save that for workouts. I think my favourite thing about my Fitbit Flex is the silent alarm - not waking up to an annoying tune on my iPhone makes my day SO much better.
  • 1948sixty
    1948sixty Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Flex...have found both the Fitbit and MFP to be extremely motivating...great tools. When first got the Fitbit, I thought I would be more than satisfied with 10,000 steps a day. Have now made my daily goal 12,000 and hitting 14-15,000 is now common. Glad I found both of these little helpers :-)
  • ancurtis
    ancurtis Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have a flex and it is my most favorite fitness tool of all! Mine links to MFP as well and it's a wonderful way for me to get a better 'feel' for my activity level. I try hard to reach my 10000 steps a day and that little party on my wrist is worth it. I also was surprised how unwell I slept. Learning sleep patterns is a great way to be healthy as well. Enjoy your flex!
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    In an effort to understand my metabolism and health, I got the Fitbit Force in December. I LOVE it and really like having the extra information at my fingertips. I thought I was sedentary, save for the workouts I log here. Surprise!
  • louisedavies311
    louisedavies311 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I do and it's worked great for me. I have a desk job, so I know when I need to get moving and it starts adding calories to my day! I think it's been the best investment to keep me motivated yet.

totally agree
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i just got mine last thursday. i love it as a motivator. however, i get frustrated with it being linked to MFP though. i clicked on the negative calories button in settings but it doesnt seem to be doing what its supposed to be doing BUT more than likely im confused by it. i also have my head going in a tons of different directions and just need to sit down with the thing...with that being said, its a great motivator for me to make me move my a*s and get to the gym
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I love it!!! It definitely shows me how few calories I burn in a 24 hour period when I am a couch potato versus just going to work versus getting exercise on top of it!!
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for several weeks now. The calories for exercise seem more reasonable than the ones either the cardio machines or MFP give me.

I really like my Fitbit Flex. I've found that my sleep is more "efficient" than I thought but I'm actually sleeping fewer hours than I thought, too, so I've adjusted that.
  • coolblondenerd
    coolblondenerd Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I was using one before I started using MFP. I love it! I recently switched from the Fitbit One to the Flex, I personally massively prefer the Flex. I find it so useful for sleep tracking and checking my daily progress!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I enabled the negative calories, because there are days (mostly Sundays) when I am so lazy I barely get up to chase my toddler. When I see that FitBit has taken calories out of my allotment for the day I get my lazy behind up off the couch....! :grumble:
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I bought a Zip last June and have barely stopped walking since!
  • FishingGuy75
    FishingGuy75 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have used them together since I got my Flex last year. Great combination.
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yes I do! I have been using them both since last September! I love it!!! I have the Flex
  • AveryDior
    Options
    I just hooked up my Fitbit and MFP even though I have had my Fitbit for a year! I lost 2.8 pounds this week :)
    I have the Zip!:heart: