Taking pics

Options
KaysKidz
KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
Remind me why taking pics is a good idea?!?! I just took pics and I am ready to drive the 10mi to the store for a pint of Ben & Jerry's! As if the scale wasn't bad enough...at least it was moving in the right direction. The pics are just depressing. I didn't realize I looked so bad. I mean, I know I am very heavy, but I still didn't FEEL it. Now I know I look it. :(

Replies

• chrisram88
    chrisram88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    THat is just fuel for motivation! Keep moving forward. As long as the wheel is turning youll be ok.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Now just put the pictures away for now-look at them in a couple of months!
  • KaHam6
    KaHam6 Posts: 36
    Options
    Gahh!! The dreaded before pictures... They do just flat out suck. But do you best to turn them into motivation and realize they are "before" pictures and you never have to look back as long as you keep trying.

Good luck! :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    And how exactly will eating a pint of ice cream make you look better ?????

Take another picture next month ....... and then the following month ...... you WILL see a difference !

I absolutely LOVE my before and during pictures :happy:

Keep on truckin' !
  • erinelissa91
    erinelissa91 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a "before" picture, even if it isn't printed or saved on a camera or phone. We all have to start somewhere, and when you take the next one, it may not be perfect, but it really is inspiring to see your body change. Just know that we all started somewhere and we wouldn't be here if we were proud of our "before" pictures. Keep up the good work and you will find your motivation and inspiration.
  • Conquer14
    Conquer14 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I wanted to cry when I seen my picture. I haven't changed much but that is my on fault. Trying to get back on track. Good luck to you! I know we can do this!
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    They will eventually change :) I mean I look at my starting pic now and go whoa... was that really me? and all the progress pics along the way were encouragement to keep going... even when it was hard for me to see changes in the mirror, the pics showed them... and now I look back on the starting one with a feeling of accomplishment and wonderment/amazement that I could actually do it...
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a "before" picture, even if it isn't printed or saved on a camera or phone. We all have to start somewhere, and when you take the next one, it may not be perfect, but it really is inspiring to see your body change. Just know that we all started somewhere and we wouldn't be here if we were proud of our "before" pictures. Keep up the good work and you will find your motivation and inspiration.

Thank you. I have my inspiration and motivation! I am on fire! But this was a little water on my fire. :( And no, I didn't go get ice cream. Didn't even have that 2nd glass of wine. If anything it has made me more determined. I am just mad at myself for letting things get this out of control before doing something about it.
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    And if the front is not bad enough, just ask a family member to take a few of your back. Yeah...... :sad: in underwear :sad:
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I got an app for my phone, and am doing weekly side by side pics. Depressing a tad? I suppose. But I look how I look from the poor lifestyle choices I was making. And, to see them, side by side, on my profile, every time I log shows me exactly where the Panda Express will go! Plus, IMO, even after just a week of exercise there is some improvement. We are always are harshest critics. I
  • CoordinatedKate
    CoordinatedKate Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You're going to love taking the pictures in a couple months when you can start to see the progress! I took a picture when I first started and after a couple weeks I wasn't seeing a ton of changes (my clothes still fit the same, no one was really complimenting me yet, etc.) so I took another picture and realized that I really was making progress and wasn't so bloated looking.

The pictures really suck now but it'll be great to look back at to remind yourself never to get back to that point.
  • EreborsPrincess
    Options
    And if the front is not bad enough, just ask a family member to take a few of your back. Yeah...... :sad: in underwear :sad:

Hush your mouth. :P
  • kcoston101
    Options
    What is this app??
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Even when you get to your goal weight, I bet you will find flaws about your body.

Being a woman sucks.

When I feel that way about how I look now, I just pull a picture of me 50 lbs heavier.