quick convenient high energy breakfast for kids

Options
mom2kpr
mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
My kids have state testing this week & their teachers recommended a high energy/filling breakfast to get them through the morning. Yesterday I did a healthy smoothie & I will do a crockpot egg bake later in the week. Eggs give my daughter a tummy ache. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Eh... My kids have cereal (cheerios or life) and a yogurt smoothie in the morning. Sometimes a nutrigrain bar too. You could always give them whatever and some carnation drink on the side or something. Or make waffles and pancakes with bacon or sausage. Or a yogurt parfait. Or oatmeal. Whatever they like really.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    The smoothie is a great idea, i'd stick with that. People who eat a high fruit diet report to thinking more clearly. Fruit is great if they are having a test that day.
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    If your kids don't have any nut allergies, make a fun trail mix! You might not think of it as a traditional breakfast, but the fat, fiber, and protein in nuts plus the fast energy from m'n'ms and raisins/craisins is a great macro profile for an alert child. IMO.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    For my kid, it's usually yogurt and oatmeal.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    If your kids don't have any nut allergies, make a fun trail mix! You might not think of it as a traditional breakfast, but the fat, fiber, and protein in nuts plus the fast energy from m'n'ms and raisins/craisins is a great macro profile for an alert child. IMO.

I'm sending this as a mid morning snack. Trail mix is awesome :smile: !
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    A greek yogurt parfait. Layer greek yogurt, fruit and granola (or Bran Buds or Grape Nuts).
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Cereal.. a banana.. a smoothie.. granola bars.. yogurt with granola...oatmeal..fruit salad mixed in yogurt.. toast with PB, banana and a squeeze of honey.

We also have eggos in the freezer just in case, and that instant breakfast stuff for the days we are running super late. Sometimes he hates me, but I make him eat something in the morning.
  • monicapatituccijones
    monicapatituccijones Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Eggs, bacon, and cheese will get me nearly to dinner without being hungry.