if you were going here to eat...

and you dont eat seafood, what would you get? i usually get filet mignon with mashed potatoes, and of course i eat the popover with strawberry butter (they are mostly air LOL) and sometimes a glass of wine, although i dont care for red, and thats what you are supposed to drink with beef. no appetizers.

http://www.hudsonsribsandfish.com/menu.htm

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    I usually splurge when I go out since we don't do it very often so I'd probably go with the smothered petite sirloin (just happens to be my favorite cut of beef and 8 oz is plenty) and see if I can sub the usual potato side with sweet potato fries.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,646 Member
    Based on the name of the place, I'd lean towards ribs or fish...
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Based on the name of the place, I'd lean towards ribs or fish...

funny funny funny lol
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    The smothered sirloin sounds good too but I would go for the grilled ahi tuna.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Not even a little taste of the seafood?! I'd be all over that raw bar and those crab cakes... unf.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Ribs? I mean. It's in the name.

No?
  • PibbleLover88
    PibbleLover88 Posts: 40 Member
    I would order exactly what you usually get! Eat a few hundred calories less for lunch that day, and a few hundred calories less overall the next few days. Or just throw in an extra work out or two.

It will all even out.

I'm assuming you don't go out for fancy steak dinner all the time - so get what you like, and enjoy your company!
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    I would order exactly what you usually get! Eat a few hundred calories less for lunch that day, and a few hundred calories less overall the next few days. Or just throw in an extra work out or two.

It will all even out.

I'm assuming you don't go out for fancy steak dinner all the time - so get what you like, and enjoy your company!

no i dont eat there often. not at those prices LOLOL it's our 8 year wedding anniversary. :heart:

i went to the usda website and looked up the filet (wth no onion straws on top) and baked potato, and JUST those two things were over 1400 calories. i only GET 1700 a day. I should look up some of the other cuts of beef maybe one of those are less.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Honestly, I would just get what I want and ignore the calories. I don't do that often, but I did for our first wedding anniversary because I didn't want to be counting in my head and pass up on the glass of wine with my husband.

Get in an extra workout that day, drink a lot of water, and savor the experience.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I went nuts at my anniversary. 3200 calories of delicious foods. No regrets.

I'd get the prime ribs.