Pyle PHRM38BK heart rate monitor question

Options
I recently got my first heart rate monitor. I didn't spend too much on it because I was wary of it I would like it. So far, I enjoy my pyle hrm but I have one issue: I can't seem to track my heart rate without it beeping. I want to check my heart rate but don't want to listen to the beeps that go along with it. Is there a silent mode? I've read the manual and googled it but can't seem to find an answer.
Thanks for any help. :)

Replies

• mandimcclellan7
    Options
    I just recently bought the same HRM. Make sure you set the limits and it shouldnt make any noise if your heart rate drops below the set amount. Read the' zone setting' over again. You can turn the alarm off, see 2 or 4 in that section. Took me a few times to really understand.

My question is:

How do I tell how many calories I burnt??
  • AFitSunnyDay
    AFitSunnyDay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    what you have to do is click the MODE button 6 times to get the the timer. Before you exercise you hit the START/STOP button to start the timer. When you are done exercising you click the START/STOP button again and then press the SET/RESET button and it will show you how many calories you have burned.

I loved that my HRM beeped while I was exercising, because it would beep fast if my heartrate went too high and would beep slow if I wasn't working hard enough. It would be silent if I was in my zone. My issue is somehow I got it to stop beeping and now I can't turn it back on. I can see the alarm symbol next to the mode button, but it doesn't beep anymore. I hate having to stop for a few seconds while doing my exercise to make sure I'm not going too high or low. I would much rather keep my concentration on my exercise, hear the beep whatever it is and then make whatever change I need to make. I MISS MY BEEP! But my HRM is still working great otherwise! :)