Zumba

Options
Any recommedations for a good Zumba DVD that shows all of the different moves to learn at home? I don't have a wwi, or x-box so it would need to just be a regular DVD.

Wilma

Replies

• laurarich2014
    laurarich2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I got my Zumba fitness DVD off of Amazon. There are quite a few cheap ones on there to start with. I love mine.
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    I WOULD SAY GET WHAT YOU CAN AS CHEAP AS YOU CAN. ANYTHING CAN BE MODIFIED TO YOUR LEVEL. THEY ARE F...U...N!!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    any dance program- a lot of the steps are basic dance steps that many styles use.

My dance studio offers Zumba- and when I jump in I have NO clue what we are doing- but I follow the FEET- don't worry about arms hands or anything else- get the feet right.

Things to learn cha cha- merienge, podeberrie- step turn- chasse- grapefine- step touch- all big step patterns you see a lot in zumba.
  • DDsMrs
    DDsMrs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    YES! What MrsV1983 said! Have fun!
  • Jennicia74
    Jennicia74 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think you could probably find some Zumba moves on YouTube. Be careful- its addicting! Love my ZUMBA!
  • quiltlady77
    quiltlady77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    MrsV1983 I looked at this one on Amazon that you mentioned and saw that it was 59. Are they all that expensive, that seemed pretty high to me.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I encourage you to join the "Zumba Lovers" group here on MFP. Under the community tab, right by "Message Boards" there is a "Groups" tab. Click on that then search "Zumba Lovers" we always talk about zumba music and dvds. I'm the moderator for that group and if you have any questions please let me know.
  • KatieJo722
    KatieJo722 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can go onto YouTube and search Zumba. There are TONS of routines on there. Even whole playlists or mix and match and make your own. I warn you...some are amazing...and some are crap. lol A couple good fun instructors are Sarah Placencia , Medora Cesarano , Sensazão Crew ...There are lots more but these ones I found really follow the zumba formula and are easy to follow.
  • quiltlady77
    quiltlady77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks to the last two people who responded to my comment. I will check out u tube.