Hi Looking to share tips on my 56lb journey

Options
Hi

Got up this morning and thought, today is the day. I have had short term success before with Atkins, 5 2 and Slimming World but decided that from now, just going to make better choices. Anything I have followed before I lose some weight then get bored and revert back to my old bad habits.

So just wanted to say hi and I will post any tips I find help me.

Tracy

Replies

• Aubsy07
    Aubsy07 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat I seem to always seem to revert back to nasty habbits, or if I have a bad day i give up and then try again the following Monday. Its so tough, I feel motivated one moment and the next i'm falling back to the very begining. I would love to hear some of your tips and what kind of meals you enjoy on the healty side. I am a full time working mother who barely has anytime. Can wait to hear your words of wisdom.
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hello! Good to hear you are planning on making better choices from now on. You should read these posts:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here

And

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me if you like! Have a great day!
  • THenry8
    THenry8 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The main key for me is to exercise everyday. Walking helps as a start for beginners. If you increase your exercises one week at a time, it will be better in the long run. Exercising for at least 30 a day will help get a head start.

I had gastric sleeve surgery last year and I am now 11 months post-op. Most of my meals were based on protein, because that is the most important part of my meal plan. I usually have a slice of fruit for my morning snack and for breakfast: egg whites are the way to go for me, as they are more healthier than egg yolks. I love to have a pack of lunchables for lunch; and believe it or not, it has really worked for me. I was losing weight every week for months. Dinnertime comes when I have a 1/2 meal of low sodium chill without beans. For snacking: I love having light yogurt with fruit and snacking on a few crackers once in a while.

Throughout all of this journey since last year, I have lost almost 200 pounds. Right now, I am now 244 pounds from my highest weight of 430 pounds. It was all through dedication, commitment, and hard work. That's the belief that you can achieve anything if you try.

Stay Strong, Stay Positive, and Live a Healthy Life! Feel free to add me!