Why No Loss

Options
2»

Replies

• Hannahlindele
    Options
    yup you're right :) just a little more effort in that area! I guess it's discouraging when I look at my goals and I'm doing everything to loose 1.5 pounds a week (according to MFP) but the scale doesn't reflect that!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    yup you're right :) just a little more effort in that area! I guess it's discouraging when I look at my goals and I'm doing everything to loose 1.5 pounds a week (according to MFP) but the scale doesn't reflect that!
    because at 9lbs to lose, that's too aggressive.
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    every time i get lazy and stop logging, i gain or lose less

every time i start logging more accurately i lose (and usually end up feeling like i'm eating more)

if you want to lose it's worth the effort, but you're doing well, you only have a little to lose against your target take it slow and steady - for 9lb target loss you should be aiming for 0.25 to 0.5 lb per week, no more

don't forget to log and measure what you drink too - lots of people are supprised by the number of calories they drink
    don't forget to log fruit and healthy snacks

your best friend is a digital food scale with a tare weight function (so that you can put your cereal bowl on it - zero it, pour the ceral to the right weight - zero it again, and poor the milk - again measuring)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    . I do count my calories, but I don't always get to log them in but I know I stay under my calorie goal.

If you're not logging then how do you know? I'm going to assume you don't weigh or measure food either. You're probably just eating too much.
  • November_Fire
    November_Fire Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Does logging everything make that much of a difference? I measure out portions exactly, I don;t always write it down though. I know how many calories I'm eating- just seems like writing everything down is too much of a bother. :/

It does if you're calorie counting or you're trying not to go over a certain amount. Basically, you can't say "I'm only eating X!" when there's a very good chance you're eating lots more than that. Log for your own eyes if you want to, just so you can identify perhaps some foods you might like to cut down on, or improvements you can make (less butter, less cream, less oil.) Short answer to your thread title: you're eating too much, or another way, you're eating more than you burn off.

1.5lb is also too much to lose in a week. 1lb is the recommendation for obese people; at your size you need to lose slowly.