New girl

Options
Hi everyone! I'm semi new to MFP. Tried it for awhile and gave up. I'm finally starting to feel motivated again and I really need help and support. I'm 22 years old and have always felt insecure about my body so I really want to do something about it. I know it takes hard work so I'm going to need all the help I can get :) and I'd be happy to support anyone else who needs it! Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• jessica182010
    Options
    Hey, I'm somewhat new to this too.. And can't seem to keep on track! I am also 22, and have literally NEVER felt comfortable with how I look! (since like 4th grade!) I could really use some motivation as well!!
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hey there, newbies :flowerforyou:

just come back to the SUCCESS STORIES PHOTOS ONLY threads every other day and that will keep You motivated, works with me :laugh:

or You can friend me :tongue:
  • jessica182010
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • xsryman
    xsryman Posts: 3
    Options
    hey newbs!!! :wink: I'm starting to get back on track my self. I used MFP last year while getting in shape for a mud run. I managed to loose 40lbs but then I stopped using this app and gained most of it back this last year. The key is keep logging even if you have to guess at things sometimes. I find that I start to think about what I want to eat and then how I will log it. Sometimes the thought of adding up that fast food meal just makes me sick and I try to make better choices. Raw foods and natural items seem to be easier to log for me. Anyway please feel free to add me as a friend. I haven't made any contacts here yet but I'm ready to start. Good luck and Kudos on getting healthy.
  • JulieE1002
    JulieE1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I agree that just looking at the success story thread is inspiring! You will find so much information, support and even things you didn't know you were looking for here. You will succeed - if you were destined to fail you wouldn't be reaching out for support. Congratulations!
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Anyone can me, on daily and post comments. Enjoy!
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about my show New Girl... Any who welcome aboard the crazy express :)
  • jessmceache
    jessmceache Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've added you as a friend, as I am 22 just basically starting and need a lot of support and motivation! Any one is welcome to add me and we can support each other!!

Thanks!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group also. Have had an on again/off again relationship with living healthier, losing weight for over 10 years now. Feel like I'm in a good place now. I've lost a little over 20 pounds since Christmas with another 10-20 (?) to go. My main reason for doing this is to be healthier and more energetic, and to not allow my body shape/weight to hold me back.

I'm approaching 40, married & mother of 3. I work full time, and part time, and I'm a grad student. Not in class right now but will be taking a full time load starting back in August. Time is precious and in limited supply. I'm using a Fitbit and also like MapMyWalk. I make sure to get in at least 10k steps a day, sometimes more. I started logging my food at MyFitnessPal about 2 months ago. Really like the ease of the site & app. The 2 resources (Fitbit, MFP) help me to keep the two primary areas - activity level and nutrition - in check. Still need to work on strength training.
  • sherrinicole74
    sherrinicole74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started back again a few weeks ago myself using MFP. Tried it awhile back but didn't keep up. I've done great losing weight as long asI've worked out along with it. But I had to have 2 surgeries last month (ruptured appendix & complications from it) & cannot workout yet. So keeping track of every calorie this past month has definitely helped keep my weight stable!
  • anallydiaz
    anallydiaz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it!!! I added you both.
  • general_misconception
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, haha! It's nice to meet you.

My name's Gabbie and I've been off/on MFP for two years. I'm in my early twenties, too! I lost 85lbs a year ago, but I've gained back a bunch of weight. :(

Lemme know if you need some extra motivation! I'll kick your butt! Feel free to add me ^^
  • wannasfitness
    wannasfitness Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 as well. I'll be adding :)

54966380.png