Tired of always starting over....need friends for motivation

Options
Hi All,

I am soooo inconsistent with losing weight and excercising and I am really trying to change this. I really want to make this lifestyle change. I want to lose 60-70 pounds. I am only 5'1 and 200 pounds:( I weigh more now than I did when I was pregnant. I am a horrible stress and boredom eater. I am trying to use excercise as one of the ways to relieve any stress I might have. Being a 37 year old single doesn't help my situation either, lol. (I'm working on that too.) Basically I am tired of always saying "I'll start tomorrow or next week." I want to see other success stories and also be able to share my own!:)

Replies

• pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've started over a million times. My typical day has always been, "Oh, I'll exercise tomorrow."

It's so much better when you have friends on MFP to support you and help you to stay on track. It makes you more accountable for the foods you eat and the exercise you do. You will do great, I promise! :flowerforyou:
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome Debbie,

The time to start is NOW! and don't stop! We all slip and fall once in awhile, but get up, dust yourself off and keep going!

If you're taking a road trip and there is a detour you follow it and keep going, you don't stop and turn around.

You can do this if you want it bad enough!

Nancy
  • 748marie
    748marie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm here for you. !!! There is no time like the present. Start with small goals and then pick your mountains!!!!!
  • michelleneli
    michelleneli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie. I'm Michelle. I'm working on making today count because tomorrow never seems to come for me. Friend me if you want to. I'm on here everyday.
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie!!! Yo've taken the first step and stepped out and asked for help! You can do it....you just have to make up in your mind that that you want to do it! Feel free to add me!!!
  • Sandy3313
    Sandy3313 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am just starting over myself! But this time I am making a promise to myself to not quit!!! I have to do this! So I do understand what you are going through....we can do this!!!
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    ill help ya, :) add me. im here everyday
  • tammyrinker41
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I do the same thing. I have been trying to stay on track. The more friends the better. I need the extra support too. :smile:
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Then quit saying those things. Start now....start yesterday. Do what needs to be done. No amount of people on your friends list is going to get you doing the things that need to be done. You are in charge of your own choices.
  • mhill40
    mhill40 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie,

Feel free to add me as well, I'm in the same boat with you. Let's start over together and help keep each other motivated! I had great success about 3 years ago and and kept the weight off until last year. I admit it's been a struggle to get started again. I was eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and had the nerve to think it wasn't going to catch up with me! HA HA HA but I'm determined to reach my goal, The weight just seems like it doesn't want to move at all. I don't want to take any diet pills as that's a temporary fix. Does anyone have suggestions or tips to help me get started. SUGAR is my biggest foe!
  • jonnicebaker
    jonnicebaker Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey I am new on here but I decided to make a life change ten weeks ago and I have lost about 20 pounds. Yesterday I decided to incorporate exercise in my new life change. I do not have any friends on here yet but would love to be your friend so we can motivate each other! :smile:
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you have no will power. What do want more, instant gratification by eating out of boredome or lifelong gratification by changing your mind set? Answer that questions and live by that answer.
  • mulatinha86
    mulatinha86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My First time here, in need of motivation as well. you can add me if you want and we can motivate each other :)
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I am also a stress/boredom eater. That's why I hate weekends in the winter! Stuck in the house with nothing to do but eat.

I watched a bit of an interview with a model on TV the other morning and she said just like the rest of us she struggles with her weight. She said that the first thing she did was concentrate on only one thing and once she had that down then she took another step. I thought about it and thought my first step might be to cut back on the amount of sugar or carbs that I eat. Or maybe work on drinking more water. That certainly sounds a lot easier than looking at everything that needs work and trying to do them all at once.

The same for weight - if I look at "oh, my I have to loose 50 pounds" it sounds much easier to think "I need to loose 5 pounds and once that is gone then work on the next 5 pounds. My thoughts anyways.

As far as "I'll start tomorrow or next week" I know what you mean! Do what ever you can to make it "today". If you go to the gym get your things together ahead of time so you are ready. If you have extra clothes or sneakers keep them in the car so if you decide to take a walk during the day on your lunch break you will be ready. I have to go to the gym in the morning before work - if not I find too many excuses to blow off my workouts. Or maybe make your dinner in the crockpot so when you get home dinner is already and you can take a quick walk around the neighborhood before dinner or walk after you eat with the extra time you've saved by doing the crockpot meal.

Another great piece of advice I got was to keep a case of water in my car. I try to drink more water so I keep water in my car so I can just grab a bottle. I have a 25 minute drive from home to the gym and another 20 minute drive from the gym to work so I can drink about 4 bottles a day just while I'm driving. Better to have the water in my hand than a can of soda.

Good luck & remember to take baby steps. Little consistent changes add up to a big difference
  • jmrollnort12
    Options
    Add Me!! My story is a lot like that ... I've lost and gained the same 20 lbs over the last three years. Enough is enough! I'm ready to change.
  • DLo_122
    DLo_122 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie!

I can definitely relate to you. I lose weight, get comfortable.....start bad eating habits and then I'm back to square one. I wish I could just stick to it....

Feel free to add me! :D
  • imadiva32
    imadiva32 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. This will be my 5th time starting over. It works better for me when I have support and motivation; the more the merrier :-)
  • azavala78
    azavala78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello!

You can do this! It's a process, so you will have good days and bad days. But, the nice thing is, you will always have support no matter what type of day you are having! I'm pretty active on MFP and log everyday!

Anyone can add <3

We got this!
  • MicheleMMK
    MicheleMMK Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie! I could have written your post too. Feel free to add me. I do feel like with the goal I have, it's the distance of a marathon, so it's OK to coast a bit when you need to, but to just keep chipping away, being aware and moving more, eating less when you can. Best of luck to you! You can get there.
  • kirsty170183
    Options
    Hi,
    i'm new too and would love some extra support :)
    Been doing well the last 4 days with the thirty day shred and watching what i eat x