Just Rejoined

Options
Hi All,

Just re-joined myfitnesspal after a lay-off for the last 15 months. Changed job 14 months ago and now travel every week, staying in hotels for at least 2 nights a week. Since January last year have put on all the weight I lost. Weighed in at 263lb's and could have cried. Need to get under 200lbs!!

Does anyone on here travel as it would be great to hear how they manage with eating out?

Replies

• tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I travel for work occasionally. I always use the hotel gyms, if they have one. But I also pack a jump rope. It's small and effective. Depending on where I am, I also like to get out and run around a new neighborhood. I always use a tracker on my phone though so I don't get lost.

As for food, it's a matter of making the right choices at the restaurants. We tend to go to Olive Garden a lot. I like the soup salad breadsticks....and only allow myself one breadstick. Or if I get something else, I'll have them add extra vegetables and pack up half the meal right away...in the hotel fridge it goes. I have even gone to grocery stores and stocked up on fruit and vegetables to snack on so when it does come time for the restaurant, I'm not as hungry.