fellow nurses??? OR do you work night shift?

Options
HELLO =) I am looking for more friends possibly in the nursing field... I just transferred to a different job working graveyard shifts... 10pm-6am ... and im not sure how my body may handle that. I am looking for ALL people in the medical field who may understand my struggles/ experience of nursing- or maybe even if you worked grave yard shift and can give me advice...

just feel free to add me :)

Replies

• LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I work in mental health, I also do shifts with sets of nights every month.

Sent an invite :)
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    oh ok cool thanks :)
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm not a nurse but my super busy friend (who isn't online right now I think so she might miss this) is a recently graduated nurse who is also still in school getting her pre-med degree. Hit her up! I'm sure she'd be a great help!

Her username is: sunshine_169691

You're welcome to add me as well if you like! I've worked night shift jobs in the pass and at current am a single mom/teacher so I know the whole business of being crazy busy! :)
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm not a nurse but my super busy friend (who isn't online right now I think so she might miss this) is a recently graduated nurse who is also still in school getting her pre-med degree. Hit her up! I'm sure she'd be a great help!

Her username is: sunshine_169691

You're welcome to add me as well if you like! I've worked night shift jobs in the pass and at current am a single mom/teacher so I know the whole business of being crazy busy! :)

oh ok ill add you :) and ill add her also... thanks..
  • SolitudesMuse
    SolitudesMuse Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm a CNA working NOC's in mental health field. Invite sent, and anyone else is welcome to add me as they please. :)
  • quintaar
    quintaar Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I work nights with mental people, sadly I dont think any of them get treatment they need. Does it count? :)
  • shropshirelass79
    shropshirelass79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm new on here. I am a midwife who has to do night shifts. I find doing night shifts and find dieting a mare. I don't know when to eat and then I want to eat in the middle of the night. It will be good to hear how you cope with them
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    I'm a CNA working NOC's in mental health field. Invite sent, and anyone else is welcome to add me as they please. :)

im also a CNA... I work in a nursing home..
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I do work in the health field mainly mental health. I just worked 2 overnights with 25 hours put in in that time! I will say I hate it! I hate every single minute of staying up all night!! I usually work the day shift but I also pick up overtime too. Good luck it is a hard shift!
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hello

I am a night shift worker in hospital....well I work in the Chem Path lab processing all the bloods you dedicated (and amazing) nurses take.

Feel free to add me anyone.
  • quintaar
    Options
    So who is in for tonight? and.... WHATS FOR DINNER? :D I'm munching on some cookies given by my teammates while muting customers - so they would not hear how the cookie crumbles :)
  • fighting_the_flab83
    Options
    hi, im a staff nurse and work a lot of nights. i dont really have a problem i just choose meals that have a higher calorie content because i seem to want to eat less. Add me if you like
  • quintaar
    Options
    hi, im a staff nurse and work a lot of nights. i dont really have a problem

Oh dear so this is what these groups are ... now i know!
  • shazzer26
    shazzer26 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me me me me!! I work in a Tertiary psychiatric care facility and my rotation cycles around days evenings nights. It's so tough to be constantly changing my workout routine to mesh with my schedule. I think this will be one of the biggest challenges for me to overcome. (and the snack food fellow coworkers loooove to bring in on nights!)
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    Me me me me!! I work in a Tertiary psychiatric care facility and my rotation cycles around days evenings nights. It's so tough to be constantly changing my workout routine to mesh with my schedule. I think this will be one of the biggest challenges for me to overcome. (and the snack food fellow coworkers loooove to bring in on nights!)

tell me about it when I worked evenings 2-10 pm there was sooo many goodies to eat... but now that ill be working 10pm to 6 am I am wondering how I will do this... I don't want to sleep all day on my days of so ill most likely be alternating... I am wondering if the best time to work out would be right before work or right after work..
  • quintaar
    Options

I will give you half of my coworkers food allowance if you tell me how to professionallty deal with people with bothered mind :) do we have a deal?
  • quintaar
    Options
    I have been working 12h night shifts (7-7) for 6 years now. Routine is very important. I hardly sleep on the 1st day off and have a really early one in bed. then after my time off is finished, on the night before work i stay up late to break the day-life routine and get onto nights. The best way i could come up with how to cope with nights
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I dont work nights put have constantly changing shift patterns. I have just done a TM meditation course which leaves me chilled out. I take vitamins now before bed which leaves me super charged for the day ahead. I work with dementia patients and I have never been so relaxed.
  • Mello_Rello
    Mello_Rello Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hey there, psychiatric nurse and MSN student here. Been working the night shift for the past 4-5 years.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    I dont work nights put have constantly changing shift patterns. I have just done a TM meditation course which leaves me chilled out. I take vitamins now before bed which leaves me super charged for the day ahead. I work with dementia patients and I have never been so relaxed.

what vitamins you take??? and do you notice that vitamins give you more energy?? if I take them before bed I get really energetic lol..