Good protein bar less expensive than Quest?

Options

Replies

• jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    They're not really a typical protein bar, but I am a HUGE fan of Kind bars. They're essentially just nuts and contain very little sugar. They're also made with simple, natural ingredients, which is wonderful. If you can find them on sale or by the box they can range from $1.15-$1.50 per bar. Not too bad considering that they are super filling and tasty. I always have one in my purse!
  • biddy249
    biddy249 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars are my favorite, taste great. Get them a Costco.
  • DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the replies! I have a list made out now of ones to try :happy:
  • adam_willard12
    adam_willard12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thinkthin Protein Bars - 20g protein, 0g sugar
    I like to freeze them, tastes so much better
  • MsMaryMac48
    MsMaryMac48 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid most processed foods so I make protein bars using the protein powder I purchased. I found the recipe on bodybuilding.com and they are fantastic. AND they are homemade. My rule of thumb for eating "junk" food was always that store bought is not worth the calories but if a desert is homemade then I am more likely to give it a try.
    You do realize the protein powder you buy is.....processed. Gasp!!!

^^^ This. LOLZ!!!

Apparently you need me to define the word "most" for you.
    most
    mōst/
    determiner & pronoun
    determiner: most; pronoun: most

superlative of many, much.
    greatest in amount or degree.
    adverb
    adverb: most

superlative of much.
    to the greatest extent.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    It is true that Quest bars are not cheap, but they do keep me from eating something worse, since they are a treat to me. I eat them for the fiber as well as the protein, so it is worth it to me.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Reduced Sugar Detour!!! The caramel nut one taste like a snicker!!!! Seriously a must!
    This.

Also Weider Pure Delite. These are relatively new.

And Vega Vibrancy bars.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

I second this. There are not as many varieties as Quest, but I can get them on sale at Kroger for $1 each. Chocolate Brownie crunch is my favorite.
  • bunty1008
    bunty1008 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Look for Think_Thin Protein bars with 20g protein ... very good... they have brownie bars / caramel fudge --- all are gluteen free as well

and cheap at Target - Pack of 5 for $5.25 approx...
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    LOL, what a thread to find! I just had my first Quest bar last week (tropical flavor) and it was to die for! I bought them at GNC (buy 3 get 2 free). I had the peanut butter this morning and while it was "good' I didn't like it as much. I was at the Vitamin Shoppe yesterday and was looking at the Quest bars there and the manager pointed out one that she said it excellent. It was cheaper but I haven't tried it yet. I agree with arabianhorse - they are a treat and they keep me from eating something worse. Nothing worse than buying a protein bar that tastes nasty then you've wasted all of that money. Kind bars are pretty good too
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid most processed foods so I make protein bars using the protein powder I purchased. I found the recipe on bodybuilding.com and they are fantastic. AND they are homemade. My rule of thumb for eating "junk" food was always that store bought is not worth the calories but if a desert is homemade then I am more likely to give it a try.
    You do realize the protein powder you buy is.....processed. Gasp!!!

^^^ This. LOLZ!!!

Apparently you need me to define the word "most" for you.
    most
    mōst/
    determiner & pronoun
    determiner: most; pronoun: most

superlative of many, much.
    greatest in amount or degree.
    adverb
    adverb: most

superlative of much.
    to the greatest extent.
    Ohhhhhh.....now I get it.

You swap 1 processed protein bar for 1 protein powder to make homemade protein bars with yourself because the protein bars you make yourself at home with processed protein powder are less processed than the bars that are made in a factory.

Gotcha!!!

Congrats! You just added 30 seconds to your life...
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Try Pure Protein Bars
    21 g Protein 3 g Sugar

Check out this link for protein bar reviews. It's the Canadian site (with an American option), not sure where you reside.

http://ca.bodybuilding.com/store/ww/pure-protein-bars.html?_requestid=1862014

I love Pure Protein! Particularly the Peanut butter chocolate crunch and vanilla chocolate crunch kinds. They have the some caramel nut one too which is pretty good but I don't see it everywhere
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I order my Quest bars directly from the company by the box, or sometimes through Amazon Prime with free shipping, if there happens to be a good price available. I pay just over $2 per bar that way. I have not found another bar that measures up, but I did like Clif Builder's Bars before I discovered Quest.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options

I second this. There are not as many varieties as Quest, but I can get them on sale at Kroger for $1 each. Chocolate Brownie crunch is my favorite.

I thought ThinkThin didn't have that many flavors, then I found a bunch on amazon.com. If you buy at least 5 items via Subscribe and Save, you can save 20%
  • brianlowell
    brianlowell Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I do Kind, Power Bar's, and Cliff bars...
  • VASMA63
    VASMA63 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been making my own energy bars lately and have come up with some really good ones (tons of recipes online). With that said if I buy bars my go-to bars are: Good Greens Bars, Lara Bars, Zone Perfect, and Kind bars.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I hit GNC once a month and buy the $1 and $1.50 sale bars just to break up the routine. I pretty much stick to pure protein chewy choc chip $1.05 a bar if you buy a box and the Nature Valley protein bars and the great value protein bars which are around $0.50 a bar, but only 10g protein.
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My mix: try Balance bars (dark chocolate and/or dark chocolate w/ coconut), Kind bars, Kind+ bars, Larabars, Zone Perfect, & "This Fig Walks into a bar" series (Trader Joe's).