Dinner tonight

Options
girlcalledryan
girlcalledryan Posts: 241 Member
Looking for dinner ideas for tonight. Must be easy, must be under or around 600 calories, and my 5 year old must also like it.

Replies

• Hezmo82
    Hezmo82 Posts: 2
    Options
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    This is what I did last night:

Chicken Breast - Boneless, Skinless, 6 oz- 186 Calories
    Shrimp - Raw, 4.5 oz - 135 Calories
    Nasoya - Shiratake Fettucine Noodles, 8 oz- 40 Calories
    Great Value - Deluxe Stir Fry Veg, 3/4 cup - 30 Calories
    House of Tsang - Bangkok Peanut Sauce (Dipping Sauce), 4 Tbsp- 160 Calories

Cook chicken till brown in a skillet. Add shrimp and veggies and cook till shrimp is pink (aprox 5 min). Add Noodles and continue to stir for another 3 minutes. Add sauce and reduce to low heat. Cook for an additional 5-6 minutes.

This will give you a HUGE plate of food for about 550 calories. If you want to sweeten the sauce a bit, substitute one tbsp. of the peanut sauce with one tbsp. of sweet chili sauce.
  • NinstonBiller
    NinstonBiller Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Last night i made Blackened Tilapia over cheese and potato Pierogis with spinach, a little feta, light sour cream and spaghetti sauce. Good stuff.

Tonight i'm making Wheat Spaghetti Noodles with green peas and shredded chicken breast.

If you think any of those might work i could post the recipe links. If not then Pintrest is a great way to seek out new/fun meals.
  • Swimnessa
    Swimnessa Posts: 44
    Options
    cooking light pizzadillas. it is what is for dinner tonight and my kids LOVE them
  • anallydiaz
    anallydiaz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Mexican Casserole - 6.5 Weight Watcher Points

http://www.food.com/recipe/mexican-casserole-6-5-weight-watcher-points-135814

Nutritional Facts for Mexican Casserole - 6.5 Weight Watcher Points

Serving Size: 1 (346 g)

Servings Per Recipe: 6

Amount Per Serving

% Daily Value

Calories 355.4

Calories from Fat 52
    14%

Total Fat 5.8 g

9%

Saturated Fat 2.2 g

11%

Cholesterol 49.7 mg

16%

Sodium 814.6 mg
    33%

Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g

17%

Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
    41%

Sugars 8.1 g
    32%

Protein 26.7 g
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    aplhabetacheesecake Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    its a total kid night at our house! hotdogs, top slicer buns, and a side of mccain potato wedges with some raw veggies and dip! 690 cals, but you could nix the hotdog buns, or the potato wedges and make it fit your calorie goal! or get moving and earn sommore cals!
  • CookieNom
    CookieNom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Tonight we had baked cod fillet with a difference. I poured lemon juice and a can of chopped tomatoes over the fish prior to baking. Served with steamed new potatoes and asparagus.

Later ruined by a Crunchie and half a Creme Egg.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Grilled turkey sausage with some kind of veggies and noodles.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Beef and broccoli http://www.food.com/recipe/the-best-easy-beef-and-broccoli-stir-fry-99476 with rice? That's what we're having. My ultra-picky 4 year old LOVES it.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Chana masala, if your kids are adventurous? Canned chickpeas, stewed tomatoes, little veggie or chicken stock, coconut milk (lite or regular), onions, garlic, curry powder or paste. Simmer for about half an hour. Tada.

Otherwise, steamed lentils with Italian chicken sausage and marinara. One delicious way to make marinara is to use a 28oz can of San Marzano tomatoes, one onion, and a tablespoon of butter; peel and quarter (not chop or dice) the onion, melt the butter over medium-low heat, dump the tomatoes into the butter, nestle the onion quarters into the tomatoes, and simmer all over medium-low or low for about 40 minutes. Discard the onion and crush the tomatoes up a bit with a spoon. It's absolutely fantastic for how simple it is and it has no scary spices for the kids to freak out over. While that's simmering you can be steaming lentils and browning some Italian sausage, aaaaand... dinner's ready!
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am going to bump for later or another night! I don't have a five year old, but 16 and 18 year olds are sometimes just as hard to please! : )
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    If I had 600 calories left for dinner I'd get a freaking cheeseburger from McDonalds!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    My wife has the day off so she's making green chile chicken burritos, spanish rice, and black beans...it clocks in right around 600 calories.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm doing some Chicken Parm with spaghetti squash and a big salad..:happy:

I have a few calories left so I'm planning to bread the chicken instead of just grilling it, I think.
    Depends how much energy I have left today.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Hi! I love this thread! Is there a new one each day or did Sportyrh just do one today.
    It has such great ideas. I am always looking for something new to fix.

Tonight I am fixing baked soy lemon chicken thighs, creamed peas and potatoes, and homemade biscuits. I need to put it into my diary to see what of this I will be able to eat!

If anyone is interested in recipes I will be happy to post.

Thanks for the ideas
    Reba.
  • 52dave62
    52dave62 Posts: 28
    Options
    I had this Sunday night, and Monday for lunch and a variation of it today for lunch, for around 400 calories.

tri colored vegatable pasta
    with ground turkey and spaghetti sauce

baked zuccuni and yellow squash (hid amoungst pasta shaped covered with meat sauce)

even melted a slice of provalone cheese on top each serving in the oven to further hide the squash.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I made American Chop Suey last night (aka goulash)

1 pound lean ground beef (93%)
    1 jar/can of spaghetti sauce - ragu has a traditional no sugar added that's pretty low cal and still tasty
    italian spices and black pepper, to taste
    2 bell peppers chopped
    1/2 onion chipped
    8oz mushrooms - diced or sliced
    2 cups/8oz uncooked elbow macaroni (or other pasta)

Cook pasta per directions to preferred consistency.

Saute veggies until they start to soften, add ground beef and cook all together until browned. Add spices and let simmer, covered. Add cooked pasta. Serve

Makes 4 pretty good sized servings, 400-500 cal each depending on the spaghetti sauce you use and exact amount of meat added. Would also be good with keilbasa or sausage.
  • trinity5703
    Options
    Grilled Salmon
    Steamed yellow squash with onions and green peppers
    Raw pineapple
    And a glass.. or two... of wine. Yep, its been that kinda day
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    mines already in the large family thread :D , you could halfsies it , and have leftovers...