fellow nurses??? OR do you work night shift?

Options
2»

Replies

• EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Paramedic here, and I work days, nights, 12's, 24's and even some 36's. I found that I just need to eat every 3 hours or so and not worry so much about the 24-hour period. I figure once I hit my bed I may sleep for 15 hours so it all evens out! Welcome! Add me, open to anyone :flowerforyou: if you'd like.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hey there, psychiatric nurse and MSN student here. Been working the night shift for the past 4-5 years.

would you say that you like it... ??
  • quintaar
    quintaar Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    12's, 24's and even some 36's.
    36....... um.... um ... em... um.... yeah... RESPECT :)
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    hey guys who work night shift... would you say this is true??

I hear that the night crew are all laid back chill people- that all the type A personalities work days- that its better to work nights because all the main bosses are out of the area and it gives time just to be with the patients... would you say this is accurate??
  • quintaar
    Options
    I would not generalise on this - I worked with amazing people through all the shifts and hours... and I had fair share of people that were utterly bad. My recent impressions are night staff gets less respect than day staff. Sad, but...
    I rather stick to positive aspects of nights.
    Riding home during sunrise... oh yes!
  • lovelyMYlovely
    Options
    I would not generalise on this - I worked with amazing people through all the shifts and hours... and I had fair share of people that were utterly bad. My recent impressions are night staff gets less respect than day staff. Sad, but...
    I rather stick to positive aspects of nights.
    Riding home during sunrise... oh yes!
    OH THIS IS SOOO TRUE lol.. when I worked the 2-10 we hated our night crew... lol.. we always thought they were lazy and didn't do anything... all they would do is complain about what the day shifts didn't do... haha this is VERY true... I guess night shift is less work in all honesty (in a nursing home anyways) but the mentally hard part is what takes its toll I believe..
  • quintaar
    Options
    Nights are prime time here, we deal with USA customers therefore peak time is through the grave hours. Altho we deal with entire stuff, and have limited support from operating depts. we are hardly taken in consideration as viable part of the company, and compensation for this fact is 0.50 per hour more! lol