2 a day work outs

Options
Just an observation to help those of you looking to break into a new level or break past a plateau.

A few weeks ago i started doing 2 a day workouts...2 days a week on tues and thurs. Morning is weights, evening is cardio. The results were way more than i could have expected

1.) My body burned through "bad meals" like they were nothing and the weekend pizza didnt show up on the scale on monday morning.
2.) it broke my weight loss plateau so well that even when i got sick, ate what i wanted and didnt work out, i STILL lost weight for about a week.

It really works if you have the time! - REMEMBER, YOU MUST PUSH YOURSELF TO THE POINT OF EXHAUSTION FOR A WORKOUT TO IMPROVE FITNESS.

mon - cardio
tues - weight circuit AM/Cardio PM
wed - cardio
thurs- weight circuit AM/Cardio PM
Fri - cardio.
Sat & Sun - REST AND RELAX!

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Its all about your calorie intake.
  • Dunkelheit666
    Dunkelheit666 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Its all about your calorie intake.

Yes, it's important to not eat more just becuase you work out more. proper nutrition prior to working out & recovery will help fight the urge to binge or eat more when your metabolism speeds up.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I've been running them in my racing training for years now. I love doing them and it helps be achieve my 80 - 100mi weeks a lot easier. I just have to up my food intake significantly. Like up to 4k a day or else my weight plummets. On the weeks that I do them, I run 5 days a week instead of 7. Two 2 a days and 3 regular run days. Works perfectly for me.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking, how long is each workout session?
  • Dunkelheit666
    Dunkelheit666 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    about an hour in the morning. my evening work outs sometimes go 2-3 hours. but i believe just an hour would get the job done.