2 ingredient cookies

Options
HelloSweetie4
HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
I literally just finished making these because I had some banana's going bad but didn't have everything on hand for banana bread.

Simply 2 smashed over-ripe bananas to 1 cup of quick oatmeal. I used honey nut oatmeal because that's what was in my pantry. You will want to be your own judge on the consistency, as long as it's thick enough to roughly keep it's shape when you put it on the cookie sheet. Spoon it on your cookie sheet, about a tablespoon per cookie. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.

These have more the consistency of a chewy granola bar, rather than a cookie but they're yummy, and could even sub in as a quick grab-n-go breakfast in a pinch.

I wanted to add it to the recipe database but it doesn't accept anything with less than three ingredients.

Replies

• smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    ooh yum! Did you calculate about how many calories per cookie?
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I have made these before and they remind me more of banana bread than a cookie. I did like them though and now am thinking of making these tonight. I have made them plain and I have made them with chocolate chips added into the cookies.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I like these and have made them a few times before, but I always add chocolate chips and cocoa powder to mine. They'd also be good with peanut butter chips or dried berries. :smile:
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My unsolicited review:

1. Cooking spray on the cookie sheet is a MUST.
    2. The banana made the oats stick to my teeth. It felt like cement.
    3. My 6 year old said, "This is not a cookie." But he ate 3.

Bottom line: If you don't have the calorie budget for real cookies and you're dying for a sweet treat, these aren't bad. I won't make them again, but I can see how some people would like them.

Wait, though. I wonder if I added an egg and fried them on the griddle like pancakes... ? And topped them with vanilla yogurt... ? Do I have bacon... Hmm...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    this is not really sounding like a cookie to me? it seems like it would turn out hard? like way chewy. was it?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    My unsolicited review:

1. Cooking spray on the cookie sheet is a MUST.
    2. The banana made the oats stick to my teeth. It felt like cement.
    3. My 6 year old said, "This is not a cookie." But he ate 3.

Bottom line: If you don't have the calorie budget for real cookies and you're dying for a sweet treat, these aren't bad. I won't make them again, but I can see how some people would like them.

Wait, though. I wonder if I added an egg and fried them on the griddle like pancakes... ? And topped them with vanilla yogurt... ? Do I have bacon... Hmm...

This recipe pops up a lot. I tried it a few years ago and I just gagged. The texture was just like you described it and the taste was sort of what I'd imagine some dog biscuits would taste like.

Let us know how it turns out with the egg and frying it on the griddle and topped with yogurt and a side of bacon. :flowerforyou:
  • speedy740
    speedy740 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I make this all the time. No add cinnamon and when u take them out of the oven (make piles not flat cookies)put a little hole/dent in the middle let em' cool then put a dollop of jam or peanutbutter in the dent, AWESOME!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    448.jpg
  • MelonJMusic
    MelonJMusic Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Trying this the next time I let nanners get overripe! Thanks!