Thankful Tuesday

Options
It is so motivating for me than to see how others have progressed and overcome. I've been going through a lot of old pictures lately for a project, and it makes me realize how different I am than before I made the decision to be healthier (over 7 years ago).

This morning I started down that bad path of beating myself up for my imperfections. That is coming to a screeching halt RIGHT NOW. Instead, I am going to be thankful for all the good stuff. Thankful that I CAN walk, run, lift, kickbox and so many other things movement. And that I do. I don't look for excuses not to move; I look for excuses TO move. And I am so much more joyful!

Weight and body fat aside, what are you thankful for on your fitness "scale" today? How are you different?

Here's a couple of photos to document those changes. I cannot find a "before" picture of me without a miserable look on my face!

f893054a-b91f-425d-b5ca-e7dd685f6061_zps3c09930b.jpg

dorothydalyNJafterband_zps32ec564d.jpg

Replies

• runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    truly inspiring! what an awesome way to put things into perspective! you look amazing!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    You have done amazing!!! I'm learning more and more each day that maintaining the loss is one of the hardest things I have ever done. You may be inspired by the stories of OTHERS... but YOURS is one to the stories that inspires ME and OTHERS.

Today, I am thankful that I have gone from the "I'll do it tomorrow" girl to the "I'll do it TODAY no matter what" girl. :flowerforyou:
    (and I CAN because even if the rain falls down all day... a buddy mailed me some great indoor options!)
  • EEfromJersey
    EEfromJersey Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing Dorothy and quite honestly you look even better fit in person, you sure did it!!!
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    It is so motivating for me than to see how others have progressed and overcome. I've been going through a lot of old pictures lately for a project, and it makes me realize how different I am than before I made the decision to be healthier (over 7 years ago).

This morning I started down that bad path of beating myself up for my imperfections. That is coming to a screeching halt RIGHT NOW. Instead, I am going to be thankful for all the good stuff. Thankful that I CAN walk, run, lift, kickbox and so many other things movement. And that I do. I don't look for excuses not to move; I look for excuses TO move. And I am so much more joyful!

Weight and body fat aside, what are you thankful for on your fitness "scale" today? How are you different?

Here's a couple of photos to document those changes. I cannot find a "before" picture of me without a miserable look on my face!

f893054a-b91f-425d-b5ca-e7dd685f6061_zps3c09930b.jpg

dorothydalyNJafterband_zps32ec564d.jpg

Wonderful post! You appear to be the kind of person that would not only say, "Thank God It's Friday" but "Thank God It's Monday" as well. Myself, grateful for another day of life.
  • sherbearee_
    Options
    You are definetely one of my heroes. Your condinuous dedication is amazing and very inspiring.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Everyone has already said it Dorothy. I am so glad we are friends. You have so much wisdom and inspiration that you share with all your buddies every day.... I am different in many ways, but my self esteem improved immensely when I shed the weight (I actually smile in pictures now, too :-)
    My health is so much better than before I started this journey. I see me going into old (chronological ) age a lot better person than I was before!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post! You appear to be the kind of person that would not only say, "Thank God It's Friday" but "Thank God It's Monday" as well. Myself, grateful for another day of life.

Thank you! Yep, I thank God for every day. Each morning is a new beginning and each day holds new possibilities and lots of blessings to be had. There is always something for which to be thankful.

Thanks everyone for your nice comments. Let me hear more about YOU.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Yay, Dorothy. You inspire on a daily basis.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Love it!! xoxoxo
  • ccmandel
    ccmandel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The definition of inspiration., You look amazing. Lots of hard work to get there...but you're there, baby!