I ate 1000 calories for dinner!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    My question is-was that dinner good or what????? :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker:

Tomorrow is a new day. Unless you at 3,500 calories over your total daily energy expenditure, you didn't gain weight overnight, it's probably water retention from all the darned sodium they put in the that wonderful restaurant food.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Oh. I understand the user went away.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    WOW, people are still seriously answering this post .....LOL.... user DEACTIVATED .......lol.....
    Wait! Didn't YOU just post here too? :tongue:

Double ditto. :laugh: :laugh:
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    YES I did, but I did not ANSWER the post ..... I just found it amusing so many people post and NEVER read any replies first......
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I eat that for dinner at least once per week. I save up all day to eat a nice dinner and it is fine. Make it work over your week and don't sweat it!
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I hate to disappoint you, but you were probably closer to 3000. The "lite" meals at restaurants are almost 1000.
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Me? Yes and then some and loved every bite!!! Thats what the "good" days are for. As long as those types of meals are few and far between, you can afford one every now and then.
  • johnnifast
    johnnifast Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You prob wouldn't want to see my Instagram food pictures. I eat over 1200+ calories in one sitting. Lol.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    whats your point?
    I can easily have that in a meal and be pretty chuffed with myself
  • Mantha18
    Mantha18 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    well people are still obv reading it....some people could be reading it worried about a similar (real) overeating slip-up and benefitting from the responses. just because the OP is deactivated, it doesnt mean others arent interested.

damn it, this meant to be a reply to the "i cant believe ppl are still ansering this" post.
  • browntracy72
    browntracy72 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    LOL, I had chicken noodles and mash tatters last night with a dirty martini. Leading me to want to be extra good today and I failed.. It happens. I get up at 5am every morning and workout, I had my breakfast early and by the time I got to work I was starving I have my chicken sandwich and an hour after that I was hungry. I drank water lots of water and it so happened that Pizza hut landed in my mouth.... LOL I guess it will be some cardio tonight with a good low fat/calorie dinner for me..LOL
  • musicboxes
    musicboxes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I know exactly where you are, we eat out a lot but I have learned to eat half & take home half. Just forgive yourself for yesterday....for today is a new day, you haven't made any mistakes when you got up today. You can do this....so don't beat yourself up or be discouraged. Set new goals & exercise or walking.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You can't gain a kilo of fat from this meal. Kilo of water - easy. Chinese meals are notoriously high in sodium.

Exercise more.

I find that if I eat badly for a meal but do exercise, I usually don't gain weight. So even if you can't possibly burn off anywhere close to what you ate and it feels like your exercising for damage control is an equivalent of trying to get water out of the Titanic just using a tea cup... it is more than that. It really does help.
  • Cletusbob
    Options
    Just try to make up for it next time
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Just try to make up for it next time

Thread is 5 months old and OP has deactivated account ... but thanks for trying to help :flowerforyou:
  • mistiblake08
    mistiblake08 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You see the issue. Now you must correct it. You have to learn some self-control.
    What I did was put up on my fridge all the reasons why I want to be healthier and make better choices (health, my boyfriend, my dogs, etc). It helps me to stay on track.

Now, to add in my experience: I usually have a dinner that is 500-1000 calories because during the day, I don't get even halfway to my calorie intake. I have to make it up somehow since I can't while I'm at work.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I had 1065. I win

IDK, I got nothing else, considering how old this thread is