Help w/ breakfast recipe sub for yogurt please!

Options
Today is my day 1 of Jillian's Body Revolution plan. I am giving my best effort at sticking closely to this first week's kickstart meal plan that she gives just to give me a boost before I switch the plan over to her fat burning recipes. In her kickstart week, a yogurt recipe is listed for 2 of my breakfasts (today's & again on Friday). I went ahead & made it this morning. It's 1c plain nonfat Greek yogurt, 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon, 3 tbsp roasted unsalted slivered almonds. I have to say that I knew going in that I wasn't a yogurt fan but I had never tried it this way & wanted to go ahead and try it. I can *barely* scarf it down. Meaning, I'm doing some computer work and trying to force myself to eat a few bites here and there and I've been doing this for over an hour & still haven't finished the bowl. Yogurt & my taste buds just don't do well together. I'd love a suggestion for Friday's breakfast that I could sub but still be low in carbs & stays away from white flour & sugars. Todays nutritional value (IF I can finish it!) is: 236 cal, 10g fat, 1g sat fat, 85mg sodium, 13g carbs, 2g fiber, 24g protein.

Any suggestions that can give me similar nutrition value?

Replies

• kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I think using a vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt would be similar, and taste MUCH better. The plain tastes like (and is often substituted for) sour cream. No wonder you can barely scarf it down. The calories, etc, are similar, so I think it would be a good switch.
    Kaye
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'd just have one of the breakfasts from the other days.
  • snowflakeln99
    snowflakeln99 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Kaye-Do you know if the vanilla greek yogurt has sugar in it? That's one of the big things to stay away from in the first week.

Melanie-I don't know why I didn't think of that! That might just be the best thing for me to do. I like the looks of the other breakfasts (especially the poached eggs w/ avocado, canadian bacon, & tomato....sounds so good!). :)
  • snowflakeln99
    snowflakeln99 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'll have to eventually try it again when I'm more properly weaned off my sugar addiction. You might be right about it tasting less tart then! And I had another "why didn't I think of that?!" moment with the cottage cheese. I love cottage cheese and happen to already have some in the frig. It's not FF like the yogurt but it's LF so I'll check the macros on it & compare to see what portion size I'll need. Thank you!
  • asianrunner
    asianrunner Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yes, plain greek yogurt is very much an acquired taste! Very tart and gross by itself.

I would often add fresh berries to vanilla greek yogurt last summer but vanilla is much better than plain.
  • charlieibeling
    charlieibeling Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    get some plain vanilla greek to spare the sugars. I like adding .5 to a scoop of protein powder to it. Chocolate works well. To add a little crunch i might add in some fiber one or kashi. I also add splenda to sweeten. tastes great to me
  • kristendeyell
    kristendeyell Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I too had to stomach plain greek yogurt for a diet plan I followed. I hated every minute of it! I discovered stevia, and now I eat plain greek yogurt all the time. I add one little packet of stevia to it and it's tasty! I also mix the greek yogurt with cottage cheese and add a scoop of chocolate protein powder! Yummy!