I'm SOOOO Hungry!

Options
I've been using MFP for 6 days now and have lost 4 pounds. I have eaten 1500 calories or less everyday and have walked my butt off these few days. However, today I am HUNGRY! I don't know what is going on.......Up until today I haven't felt hungry. Can anyone explain what is going on?

Replies

• Supergirl9801
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? I mean are you netting 1500?
  • AppalachianGal
    Options
    Probably not. Maybe that's all it is? I am really craving carbs right now.
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Are you close to your monthly friend? If you know what I'm saying lol
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You probably just made a huge switch. Assuming you were not watching what you ate before you joined MFP, eating less than 1500 calories is a drastic change. Do you know what your maintenance number is? Keep that in mind, and when you're feeling like this, give yourself the leeway between 1500 and your maintenance number. It won't hurt your weight loss goals to do that.

Also make sure that you're getting protein and fiber at every meal and drinking at least 8 cups of water every day. Those things make a BIG difference in satiety throughout the day!
  • AppalachianGal
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips. I think what happened is that 1) Yes, this is a HUGE switch for me. I ate whatever I wanted before joining MFP with no regard to calories and was completely sedentary. 2) I was a little over zealous on this new weight loss journey and probably worked out too much on too little food the day before, (I burned over 600 calories the day before and didn't eat anything extra to compensate). Oh well.......you live and learn, right?

Again, thanks for the tips and the support!
  • AppalachianGal
    Options
    Luckily, I don't have to worry about that pesky little friend coming over every month anymore! Thanks all the same for the suggestion.