No more yo-yo!

Options
Greetings. I'm sure a lot of you can relate to yo-yo dieting. I am done with it. I have done it so many times! This was the last time. I do not want to lose weight, then gain it back, and then some, faster than I lost it. I am tired of it.

Here's an example of what my weight looked like this past year.
ScreenShot2014-03-28at110916AM_zpsd5391146.png
I'm so done with this yo-yo!

I joined MyFitness Pal thinking that it would be just another diet site. The difference is, that it is so easy to log my food and exercise here. I sometimes wrote my food down, but never the amounts. I got an eye opener when I saw how much I was eating. I finally started weighing and measuring my food. I started exercising for longer periods of time. Instead of 20 minutes on my exercise bike like I had been doing, I wanted to see all those calories off on my daily chart, so I started doing 60 minutes.

No more saying I can't exercise because I have back pain and sciatica. I am doing exercises my physical therapist gave me, and as much cardio as I can. My physical therapist said that one of the best things for my back is cardio. He says that as I lose weight, that should help my back pain too.

Are you with me? No more yo-yo for you either?

Replies

• BugGirl2014
    BugGirl2014 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am with you. Over the last 4 months, I gained back more than I started! One day at a time, I hope the weight comes off and stays off quick.
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm with you as well :) It's been long over due for me to start to get my body in shape. * raises glass* Here's to us yo - yo's and may we finally get down to business and stay there!
  • notinthisgalaxy
    notinthisgalaxy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Me too! Definitely done with yo-yoing.
  • M3Kindschi
    M3Kindschi Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    ME TOO!!! This is it!!! When it comes off, it's going to STAY OFF!!!
  • MamaKahuna143
    MamaKahuna143 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Let's rock this yo-yo for good! Goals are so much better as accomplishments! : Searching to add new friends that want to journey with me, wanna come along? :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    How are you Yo-Yoing though? You eat to lose and once you get there you maintain... is it a determination issue? I'm actually confused here.
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Nik, I never really worked on maintenance before. I lost weight, then started eating badly and gained it back. This time I want to learn how to keep these good eating and exercise habits. I think plugging my food and exercise in here helps a lot. But I don't know how long I can keep doing it. I can't imagine still doing it a year from now. But maybe that's what I will need to do.
    June
  • hilousna08
    hilousna08 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ya HOOO! YOUR PT is SO correct!
  • hilousna08
    hilousna08 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about next year...worry about today...
  • beleeLafter
    Options
    I'm a professional here. At being a Yo-Yo dieter. In need of a new profession or new magic on my resume. Not sure if I'll ever completely quit but at least I haven't stopped trying. Got a good 7 days in so far this time around (my bazillionth) yes 7.......I know.....completely and utterly..........amaaaaaaazzzzzziinnggg :P
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Nik, I never really worked on maintenance before. I lost weight, then started eating badly and gained it back. This time I want to learn how to keep these good eating and exercise habits. I think plugging my food and exercise in here helps a lot. But I don't know how long I can keep doing it. I can't imagine still doing it a year from now. But maybe that's what I will need to do.
    June

Well, what if you figure out a combination that works...Meat Veg Starch... and really learn portion sizes. Once it becomes second nature? You don't have to think about it anymore.
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hah! Professional Yo-yo-er! I am embarrassed to say that's on my resumé too! Anyone old enough to remember the old Duncan YoYo commercials? There actually were YoYo professionals!! There might even still be.

So sick of this, I don't ever want to have to diet again!