Old Habits Die Hard…what are yours?

Options
amunet07
amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
Today afterwork I had errands to do on the other side of town. I was amazed at how difficult it was to not pick up fast food on the way home and instead go home and make something healthy.

Errands are a trigger for me. What are your habits or triggers?

Replies

• bethwr1
    bethwr1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    After work happy hour! I have a very stressful job. Still have a hard time finding a calorie-free stress reliever.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    an afternoon drink on a warm sunny day...ahhhh.
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Slingin' the rock...trickin' out da hos.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    After work happy hour! I have a very stressful job. Still have a hard time finding a calorie-free stress reliever.

Massage? I rely on massage to help relieve stress. It's calorie free, and makes you feel good!
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options

anigif_enhanced-18149-1395158778-8.gif
  • sanderdejonge
    sanderdejonge Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to deny one if I'm offered a beer at the pub. Every time again. I think it's a habit.
  • amunet07
    Options
    :drinker:
  • SalemBoSox88
    Options
    Soda!
  • amunet07
    Options
    Soda!

That one is one of mine also. It is difficult working at a place that has free fountain soda. lol
  • sushidulces
    sushidulces Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My triggers are Sunday morning. My husband eats breakfast burritos and pastries EVERY Saturday and Sunday. Often he will bring some pastries back (pumpkin empanadas, usually).

I'm about to have to go back to telling him NOT to bring anything home. He knows I am on a strict diet, but he thinks he is being thoughtful and sweet by bringing me back something I like :huh:
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Working in the field - I can spend a long afternoon outside in the tide pools surveying and collecting data for research, and it's a bit of a drive back to my house. I'm usually pretty wiped out by the end. All I want to do is stop along the way and get a burrito from the local taqueria or a sandwich from the coffee shop down the street, even when I know I have tons of good ingredients at home to cook with.

I've been good the last few times... next day out in the field is next week - luckily it's an early (early!) morning low tide so it's easier to resist buying food on the way back, but harder to resist the donuts that someone inevitably brings! :happy:
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

Gl3Vjcz_zpsaf990564.gif
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Bad day at work = wine :blushing:
  • amunet07
    Options
    bad day at work today…really wanted a root beer float or 6. lol
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options

Gl3Vjcz_zpsaf990564.gif

That sweater. That crustache. That... gif.
  • sabbyfairy
    sabbyfairy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    McDonald's fries (why are they not vegetarian. WHY.) and soda. It's so hard not to get a large fry and a large Coke to share with people I'm traveling with.