How much have you lost?

Options
I am looking for some inspiration! If you are comfortable, and open about it, please share your starting weight, and weight now! Also any other details if you'd like (height, gender, tips etc)!

Replies

• Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    male, 30 pounds lost.

it took me 4 months.

tip: eat less than you burn. :)
  • SalemBoSox88
    Options
    Little over 130lb
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    <--- SW 247 when i finally stepped on the scale ... probably more.. now 174.. still have a little way to go.. 52yrs old and 5'4"... Don't give up .. no matter how slowly it comes off - it is way better than where I started from. Good Luck!!
  • cagey1ok
    cagey1ok Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Male 48 yo. start weight 140+ Kg, now 78 Kg.
    Some basic tips.
    1. dont diet. diets have a start and finish point. good health and permanent weight loss is about changing your lifestyle. it isnt easy, but it can be done
    2. dont be drastic with your changes. if you do, they wont be sustainable
    3. one bad meal doesnt have to turn into a bad day. a bad day (they will happen) doesnt have to turn into a week. if you are working on lifestyle changes, you just pick up where you left off, not give up.
    4. count those calories and always be on the conservative side
    5. dont expect it to all happen at once. you are in it for the long haul, dont get dispirited on stalling/plateaus (these will happen too)

Good luck
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    I started at 359...I'm now at 257. So, 102 lbs. I am 5'6.5" (that .5" counts!) I have always had curves..more of a pear shape.

If you go back to after I had my second daughter and look at pics...I'm positive I was above that weight at one point...but I never weighed..glad I didn't..don't think I could have taken that shock. it was bad enough seeing 359. The 102 lbs. took me 1 year and 4 mos. Those last 4 mos. was battling a ten lb. pain in my rear. But when I saw that number finally..I cried and screamed and laughed...and I knew...I ABSOLUTELY KNEW that I can and will do this all the way to the end and be proud and watch myself.

This is not a diet...it is a lifestyle change. I am not near goal yet...still a long way to go..but I will get there..and that is all that matters.

eat your allotted cals...your exercise cals too...if you are sure they are correct. Some people don't eat all of them back...but I say why starve your body? Its worked for me so far. I eat about 1920 cals a day...sometimes more depending on exercise...or if I feel like it. LOL But I know what works for my body. I dropped my cal levels to 1700 at one point and I stalled out big time on losses. So, I'm sticking to the 1920.

My suggestion...don't beat yourself up if you mess up...we all do...because we are human. Just remember that tomorrow is another day...or there is still some of the day left to make healthier choices...or to get some exercise in so you don't feel the guilt that sometimes hits.

Stay empowered! You will make it to whatever you set. You have to believe it...to know it...deep in your gut! And Make it happen!!!
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Female 5'4" lost 61 lbs since September 1 ,2013. Starting weight was 220 now I weigh 158.8
  • onechaoticrose
    Options
    Female - 40 YO 5'3
    SW: 305
    CW: 279
    Finally at a point I look forward to my visits to the gym - First time in my life at 40 that I have ever even belonged to a gym!
    I just take it one day at a time :)
  • whisperfitandhealthy
    Options
    Starting weight: 270
    Current weight: 130

Took me 3 years to lose the weight.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    <<starting weight over 400 the scale only went to 400.
    Now 226.
    Eat less move more.
    Never quit no matter how badly you think you are failing. Just keep trying everyday.
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My first starting weight was 178 pounds. I am now down to 127 pounds. I am a 5'4 female. I gained weight because of medications and due to half-life of that medication and the prolonged effects after stopping it, it took over a year to lose forty pounds and get to my first goal of being in the 130's. The best tips I can give is really only one tip, be honest. If you aren't honest with yourself, you are never really going to change your habits and will always be coming back to lose weight. I am so close to reaching my second goal of 125 pounds followed by my final goal of 120. It took lots of exercise, lots of tracking, lots of water, and lots of heart break. But you'll get there, I promise. You just have to want it, and not for vanity, but want it for life.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Male .. 49, starting weight 198 now 158. Lost 49 lbs of body fat and gained 9 lbs of muscle in the last 8 months.In maintenance now .. but it is all about getting back up as well have one of those days every so often.

Biggest tips .. get a food scale and really use it, and don't over estimate your exercise burns.
  • shannapolitte
    Options
    Starting weight: 165 lbs
    Current weight : 124 lbs

10 months. Started walking, then running. Changed what I eat.. cut out bread, pasta, sugar...processed foods . I Stick with whole foods, lots protein, complex carbs, healthy fats. Lots of water, limited dairy (plain greek yogurt, 1% cottage cheese), green tea. Seems to work for me! Recently started lifting weights!!
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I'm female at 5'7.5 and 23 years of age. I've been big all my life so i deemed it normal. It was both due to medical issues and the lack of caring what i eat. So i've currently been going at this actively for nearly a year and have lost most of my weight through pure dieting though i do enjoy to exercise every now and then. Now that i'm getting small enough i'll be doing more simply to get a higher deficit that diet just can't do since my dietician says to eat no lower than 1200 calories.

SO my highest weight was about 340lbs and i'm currently at 220lbs... so that's 120 lbs down. My goal range is between 120lbs and 165lbs. So i'm aiming somewhere between 140-150lbs. Not too far to go! If all goes as planned i should reach there by the end of this year. My 2015 new years gift to myself :)
  • dsb188
    dsb188 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Male, 29 started at 350 down to 314. I still have a ways to go but I started just drinking smoothies limiting complex carbs than I switched to keto. It takes time but you will get there. One pound at a time.
  • malcolmjcooper
    malcolmjcooper Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Male 48 yo. start weight 140+ Kg, now 78 Kg.
    Some basic tips.
    1. dont diet. diets have a start and finish point. good health and permanent weight loss is about changing your lifestyle. it isnt easy, but it can be done
    2. dont be drastic with your changes. if you do, they wont be sustainable
    3. one bad meal doesnt have to turn into a bad day. a bad day (they will happen) doesnt have to turn into a week. if you are working on lifestyle changes, you just pick up where you left off, not give up.
    4. count those calories and always be on the conservative side
    5. dont expect it to all happen at once. you are in it for the long haul, dont get dispirited on stalling/plateaus (these will happen too)

Good luck
    I am so pleased I read this I have approached this in exactly the same manner
    I started at 156 kg 29 kg gone so far and loving the new me thx mate
    And nearly forgot male 50
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Hit my goal today finally :bigsmile:

One year and one month.

Cardio + heavy lifting + calorie deficit = 59.6 lbs lost

35/F, 5'7", 214.8 lbs down to 155.2 lbs
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Starting weight, Apr 2011,245lbs
    Current weight, 08 Mar 2013, 184lbs

Amount lost: 61lbs

I took a very long time to lose that much, but I am glad that I have a well-toned body of mid 25ish :happy:

My usual routine to gym may sound insane for some
  • Tillyecl1
    Tillyecl1 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Female, 31, 7kgs in 3 months. I am 168cm and currently 65kg. I have 10kgs to go to my goal. Previously I lost ~35-40Kgs and have kept it off for around 5 years now. I want to lose weight to improve my running. My motivation is triathlons, I LOVE them, I have never experienced any high as much as at the finish line.

My tip, don't panic if you eat more than your calories just get straight back on it (not 'I'll start again tomorrow", start again now). Log everything (getting a scale is a great idea). Find an exercise or activity you love and stick with it even if it feels hard sometimes. Don't ever feel guilty about eating more than you maybe should or not exercising for a few days, everyone needs rest and a break now and again. If it all gets too much head to the message boards and you will find people willing to support you no matter what.

Good luck with it :-)

Edit:typo
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    39 lbs. I am already at goal. Just trying to maintain.