Can you be allergic to candy?

Options
Hey everyone--
So I am recovering from anorexia and tonight was dessert night. I decided to finally have the Reese's Xmas Tree I had wanted (yes I have kept it since xmas). I felt fine before..had good dinner (mahi-mahi, spinach salad, potatoes, peas, yogurt, melon, olives). Was still a little hungry so went ahead and ate it. I guess excitement/fear/hunger got to me, because I ate it quite quickly. About 5 mins after felt hungry and had a nigthtime snack to do so decided to get that ready. Then ran to ladies room. About 15 mins passed and snack was made. Right when I was about to eat it though....I got really dizzy. Then shaky and nausous.

Last week I had cake without this strange reaction....so I don't think I am allergic to dessert. But what would cause this. Am I allergic to candy? I did go to spin class tonight...but didn't feel unwell or anything after. It's weird...this seems almost like low blood sugar..but it just makes no sense. Now I have a headache, am really sleepy, and can't push past nauseau to eat...any ideas?

Replies

• jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You could be allergic to a specific ingredient in the candy, or alternatively it could have just been a reaction to a sudden sugar rush.

I would suggest speaking to a medical proffessional regarding this (they are WAY more qualified than we are) :wink:

Good Luck

xxx
  • asianrunner
    asianrunner Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound like an allergic reaction to me. When I think of an allergic reaction, I think of hives and/or nausea which you did say you had.

If you're not used to eating much sugar, could be a spike in blood sugar followed by a crash.

But I agree with the above poster, ask your doctor!
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound like an allergic reaction to me. When I think of an allergic reaction, I think of hives and/or nausea which you did say you had.

If you're not used to eating much sugar, could be a spike in blood sugar followed by a crash.

But I agree with the above poster, ask your doctor!

This plus check for dyes.