Starting over, once again

Options
Since the new year, this is my second time starting over. I won't lie, I am a little discouraged, and I still don't have 100% faith in myself. Maybe that's my problem. But, I'm sick of my body, and I desperately want to change.

Being overweight has been a problem for me ever since I was a kid. Currently, I am the biggest I've ever been at 238 pounds. I've recently left a high-stress job, and I'm about to move to another state with my husband, so I guess this is the time for new beginnings.

I know I sound like a Debbie Downer, but I'm hoping I'm not the only one whose felt this way.

Does anybody have any advice?

Replies

• kir180
    kir180 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi .. you are not alone! This is also my second starting over since the new year .. I find it hard to stick to more than a month! I am 237 and this is the biggest I have ever been. Weight started creeping on ever since I moved to another country and away from my family to be with my husband. Then three children later and here we are.

I don't really have any advice but try not to be too hard on yourself and if you slip up remember tomorrow is another day to try and get it right.
  • rayhug
    rayhug Posts: 10
    Options
    hi...i'm new too but i will go step by step that's my advice
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are starting over means you haven't given up on yourself and still believe in yourself so good for you I say!
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    well done for starting over, accepting that this is difficult and long term is a win :)

good luck with your journeys
  • Meggpie93
    Meggpie93 Posts: 12
    Options
    This will be my second time starting over this year as well! I lost 8lbs in January, went abroad on holiday and kinda fell off the wagon a little and wasn't as accurate in tracking since then so I ended up yo-yoing between 2-3lbs through Feb and March. At the start of this month I had had enough and took a break from it all for a weekend and now I'm back to square one. I believe I can do it and so can you! :happy:
  • Lammo_UK
    Lammo_UK Posts: 61
    Options
    Sometimes it is easy to fall off the wagon for many different reasons. I find when I start I have to have my head in a certain place otherwise I run off the rails in days, sometimes in hours! The fact that you are here again is proof that you really want it. Take every day as it comes & read the forums because there are a lot of inspirational stories which just spur you on...

Good luck with your new life & the fresh start.
  • ssharp21
    ssharp21 Posts: 1
    Options
    It's my second time starting over this year too and I am feeling pretty discouraged too. I decided that enough is enough and want to kick-start myself. Trust me, you're not alone in feeling the way you do and I am sure there are hundreds of people on here that are feeling the same way. You CAN do it!
  • pjorgenson89
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement :) I have a long way to go, but I think I will be able to stick with it, especially with such a supportive community. I'm glad to be a part of it.
  • jessmceache
    jessmceache Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started like a week ago, I am just now starting to log everything every day and make better choices. I too don't have a lot of confidence in myself, but I keep thinking, I need to do this, I want this. It won't be easy, nothing ever is.

I started at 240 and i lost 0.5 pounds, at first i didn't think it was something to be happy about, but I looked at the report that shows my weight, and seeing the line drop made me feel better!!

Nothing is too little to celebrate!

Just take it day by day and do the best you can!!

Good luck!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I am starting over too. Don't give up . We can do this
  • andthenwhatjen
    andthenwhatjen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am also starting over. Again. I wish I could get to the point of making it the "lifestyle change" everyone talks about. I am just not there. I am, however, in it for the short term goals which will hopefully lead to longer term goals :)

Anyone can add me.
  • lisort
    lisort Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi! I am here starting over AGAIN, but I'm ok with it. I think I am more convinced this time that i need to do something about my weight. I am not happy. I had an life insurance medical exam done this morning and was NOT happy when i got on the scale. Think that was my turning point! ugh! we shall see!!:tongue:
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    When you say you dont have 100% faith in yourself. what is it you mean?

Is it because your not seeing the results as quick as you like? This was often my problem in my MANY past attempts..i wanted to be across the line sooner than later..and when it didnt happened...fail.

Ive been at this attempt for 16 months now with 57#s lost..I finally convinced myself to be patient...one of the ways that help me maintain that patience? I feel great!..Im able to run half marathons..i enjoy lifting...i dont huff and puff on stairs...

yea im not where i want to be in body appearence yet..and yea there is 40+ more to go but as long as I feel fit...im motivated to keep going!
  • murdledoe
    murdledoe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I think most of us have been in your shoes. If it hasn't been with weight, then with other issue's in our lives. A year ago I left a stressful job of 11 yrs. This was a very active job so, when I was no longer working it I gained 40 pounds in a very short period. This was my lowest, but I am feeling great now. Not just because of the weight loss, but because the stress level is gone.

You are more then welcomed to add me to your friends list.
  • pjorgenson89
    Options
    Well, I think it's because I always have a hard time with consistency and staying motivated. I think another thing that always scares me is having to make permanent changes. I've always had issues with anxiety and depression, and food is what I turned to. Vicious cycle and all.