Packed lunch and other bits to take to work/out and about

Options
A lovely freind on here gave me a good idea to take a little bag out and about with me with the foods I can eat. I am always on the go and it is then when I give in to temptation and buy naughty foods. Am thinking of being cruel to be kind by leaving my money at home and carrying a little bag with me. I am wondering what kind of foods can I pack to take to work/after work clubs etc.

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Fruit - oranges and apples are very transportable, containers of grapes or berries
    Nuts/Chocolate/Dried Fruit - weigh out a serving of almonds and chocolate chips, peanuts and dried cranberries, etc into a small container or bag
    Wasabi peas - again, weigh out individual portions
    Crackers and babybel or string cheese (which you can get by with not refrigerating for several hours)
    Granola bars
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm out I always have bagged cereal with me! I usually measure out 1 cup of Honey Bunches of Oats, which is only 160 calories and 80% of my iron, and it makes out as a fantastic snack that I can mindlessly munch on for quite some time :) I also enjoy Kashi's cereals, but any kind is really good and convenient since you don't need refrigeration, it's generally quiet and not messy, and it lasts a while :)
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of lunch bags that will keep your food cool for a period of time if you want to go that route. Or a thermos for keeping things hot.

Drier vegetables like carrots, celery, and peppers would keep well. Maybe not so much on the wetter ones like cucumbers.
  • AmandaKnox
    AmandaKnox Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually keep a small lunch bag with a couple snacks handy for work or while I'm out. I usually pack things like fruit, nuts or trail mix, protein bars, or some veggies, babybel cheese.. The more I plan & portion things out ahead of time, the less likely I am to make a bad choice out of desperation. Usually on Sunday nights while I make dinner, I also prep lunches and portion out snacks for the week so that I can just grab & go. :)
  • deana2828
    deana2828 Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks all, going to buy some little tubs today :-) xx
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Don't forget beef jerky! It's delicious and has lots of protein. Especially the homemade kind that can be made sodium free.