Yogurt

Options
Hi can anyone suggest some good yogurt ideas for me to take to work (UK). I can't have sweetner so it needs some sugar but not lots. I am just getting started with trying to eat healthier.... Thanks :-)

Replies

• pennyllayne
    pennyllayne Posts: 265
    Options
    I have found that using something like greek yoghurt and adding a couple of tablespoons of a smoothie really helps sweeten it up and is much better than using sugar. You can also add some raw honey which is even better and add in some nuts, seeds and berries. That's how I like mine and I find it absolutely delicious.
  • bekamullin
    bekamullin Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yeah greek yogurt it the best, I either have mine with peanut butter or agave nectar (depending on how my macros are looking that day). I had some last night with a crumbled quest bar in and it was deliciousssss!
  • ratchet2
    ratchet2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I take my breakfast to work. Greek Yogurt, fruit and bran buds. I take in separate containers and mix at work. I have never tried taking premixed. I find it filling and lasts me to lunch (about 4 hours).
  • lsegatti
    lsegatti Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I use non fat plain yogurt, still has 12 grams of sugar for six ounces. Then having that as a base: construct your flavors and textures. I like to add berries, sometimes with a little cereal on top for crunch, sometimes just cereal and a little applesauce for added sweetness, fresh veggie sticks for dipping, etc.
    I get 15 minutes between my teaching classes for lunch so that is the choice most days, it takes too long to eat a salad!!
  • tomebradley
    tomebradley Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I get stuck into one of these everyday at work (UK) 17g of protein and no fat or sweetners

http://products.uk.fage.eu/yoghurt/total-0-170g

Bit boring taste wise - but it's not unpleasant. Add honey or fruit if you need to