I'm here to help you, let's be friends!

Options
dru8376
dru8376 Posts: 98 Member
I, myself have lost 100+ lbs. It hasn't been easy but with MFP, hard work and the support of my MFP friends, I accomplished this. This is my motivation to you:

No matter how much weight you have to lose, don't look at the big number trying to get to there, it will end up driving you insane. People tend to overlook this and that is one reason why they fall of the wagon and abandon losing weight. Instead, focus your weight loss in increments of 5 or 10 lbs to achieve. Don't put a timeline on when you want each increment to happen. Weight loss doesn't happen overnight, it takes time, a lot of time. There will be times when you will feel discouraged whether it's how bad you ate or you gained some weight. Don't let this overcome you. You do have the willingness, determination, motivation and commitment in yourself. Do this for yourself!

I'm always willing to help anyone out, let me be your friend! =)

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Great advice there dru. I feel really sad when I see people put a date to when they want to be such and such a size by. Yes go for it and aim to get as close as you can but you can't ever expect weight to come off how you want it to.

I can vouch he's a good friend to have. Funny as heck and makes time on here a bit less boring.
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hey, you sound like just the person i need to help get me back on this journey. i previously lost 22lb with mfp had a baby gained 30 lb & successfully lost all but 2 lb of that before disaster hit. Post natal deprression, medication & hormaonal contraception has turned me into an unmotivated, overweight lump of a mum. I'm determined to sort this out i know that a healthy body ids a healthy mind & that by feeding my body i will repair the physical & psychological damage i just need a boot very now & then to remind me of this. I'm 11 days back into it & so far so good