About urinary frequency

Hi all! How can I put my urinary frequency in order? Do you have any tips about it?

Normally I drink lots of water and go to toilet to pee but defecating is not in order. Sometimes once a day, sometimes non. I heard that a healthy person shoul defecate 3 times a day (I'm not sure if it's a correct information)

I don't have constipation and I feed myself with vegies and fibrous foods but I think my metabolism is slow.

So any tip to increase defecation? Of course I don't want to die from diarrhea too :)

(Sorry for my English)

Replies

• Lynnmi07
    Lynnmi07 Posts: 131 Member
    The normal person should not defecate 3x per day. Normal can be like 2x/day to 1 x every other day. You could always add a stool softener. But if you don't feel constipated and you are getting your recommended daily fiber and drinking plenty of fluids I wouldn't worry about it.
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    I'll start by saying that I'm not a scientist...but, I've read that a woman's colon is longer than a man's, so that's one thing that could cause a woman to defecate less frequency. Different people also have different gut bacteria and that could account for some of it. Besides that, some people are just going to go more. Make sure to get enough fiber and maybe try making yogurt or probiotics a part of your diet for a month or so to see that changes anything.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    The normal person should not defecate 3x per day. Normal can be like 2x/day to 1 x every other day. You could always add a stool softener. But if you don't feel constipated and you are getting your recommended daily fiber and drinking plenty of fluids I wouldn't worry about it.

You have to be kidding if you think that is is normal to defecate every other day. I defecate sometimes twice a day (the first one in the morning extremely large and later in the day medium). It all comes down to diet and fiber. I have 1 cup of flax plus multi-bran flakes and 1/2 cup smart bran with psyllium & oat bran cereal along with 1 1/2 cup lactose milk mixed withe 1 tbs organic coconut oil most mornings. I find that the coconut oil really helps with a small passage very morning. I also try and drink 20 ounces of water with my medication as soon I get up.

For me noting is more uncomfortable that not being able to defecate every day.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Hi all! How can I put my urinary frequency in order? Do you have any tips about it?

Normally I drink lots of water and go to toilet to pee but defecating is not in order. Sometimes once a day, sometimes non. I heard that a healthy person shoul defecate 3 times a day (I'm not sure if it's a correct information)

I don't have constipation and I feed myself with vegies and fibrous foods but I think my metabolism is slow.

So any tip to increase defecation? Of course I don't want to die from diarrhea too :)

(Sorry for my English)

First of all there is no so called proper amount you defecate. Eat proper balanced diet and your body will only feed the need to rid the excess it does not require.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    There was a fairly recent thread about this... and it seemed anything between 3x a day, and up to once every 3 days wasn't out of the question. And please.... can we stop referring to it as 'defecating....?' It sounds so clinical. The other thread, called it, 'poop,' and I prefer to call it cr@p.

Why is the thread title about peeing, anyhow? It's all just so confusing.

:ohwell:
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    I've never in my life pooped 3 times a day unless I'm sick. Once every other day is normal for me. Your normal is whatever it is, and the only time to be concerned is when your pattern changes.

I have had regularity issues ever since starting my diet.
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Defecating 3 times a day is NOT normal. It's different for every person. Check with your doctor if you have questions.
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    There was a fairly recent thread about this... and it seemed anything between 3x a day, and up to once every 3 days wasn't out of the question. And please.... can we stop referring to it as 'defecating....?' It sounds so clinical. The other thread, called it, 'poop,' and I prefer to call it cr@p.

Poop hehe
  • udinth
    udinth Posts: 92
    Your normal is whatever it is, and the only time to be concerned is when your pattern changes.

I AGREE! You can't generalize "normal" over different people, ages, lifestyles, eating patterns, health conditions, and so on. If you want a good answer FOR YOU – and there is no other kind of good answer to a question like that – ask your doctor.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Ok, so back to the peeing lol. Op, I don't know how old you are or if you've had kids, but I do know for a lot of us women, we end up having to go a lot more, esp. When we are trying to lose weight and drinking a lot of water. I pee, like a million times a day. Kegel exercises can help though.
  • Lynnmi07
    Lynnmi07 Posts: 131 Member
    Socajam: I'm absolutely not kidding, I am actually very well versed in the anatomy and physiology of the intestine as it is a large part of my career. The average transit time from mouth to rectum is 22-33 hours.
  • udinth
    udinth Posts: 92
    sloth3toes:

Did you finish reading the post? The last line is "(Sorry for my English) " Bartaburesi is Turkish, and her profile is entirely in Turkish. Have a little understanding and acceptance for a non-native speaker who may be trying her best with a traditional dictionary that might not even list "poop" or "crap"... let alone "cr@p".

U g3+ !+ n0w?
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Socajam: I'm absolutely not kidding, I am actually very well versed in the anatomy and physiology of the intestine as it is a large part of my career. The average transit time from mouth to rectum is 22-33 hours.

Glad you are not joking. But for me having a large passing every morning and some times later in the day is a blessing. The only time I have this problem is on vacation and it is extremely uncomfortable.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member

Glad you are not joking. But for me having a large passing every morning and some times later in the day is a blessing. The only time I have this problem is on vacation and it is extremely uncomfortable.

Yeah, but you aren't everyone, so just because someone poops less than you doesn't mean they are not "normal".
  • bartaburesi
    bartaburesi Posts: 68 Member
    Thank you for all answers. So I guess it's better to ask a doctor. But also I will try your advices.

I'm 24 and have no kids.

Again sorry for confusions and thanks for sympathy and understandings. I don't need to speak English for almost 2 years and forgot a little bit.

I feel better now actually. It looks non-sense to "poop" 3x per day :)
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes:

Did you finish reading the post? The last line is "(Sorry for my English) " Bartaburesi is Turkish, and her profile is entirely in Turkish. Have a little understanding and acceptance for a non-native speaker who may be trying her best with a traditional dictionary that might not even list "poop" or "crap"... let alone "cr@p".

U g3+ !+ n0w?

So, since she's Turkish, she can title a thread, 'About Urinary frequency,' and then, discuss nothing but defecating in the thread.

This

Normally I drink lots of water and go to toilet to pee but defecating is not in order.

Would imply that her English is strong enough, that she knows the difference between urinating ( and 'peeing' as she also refers to it ) and defecating. My question was, 'Why is the thread title about peeing?' It seems like a legitimate question to me. You wanna pull the 'English is not her 1st language card' for her.... sure, go right ahead.

The title still doesn't fit the post.

Oh, and *ETA* Regarding the use of the word 'defecating....' I wasn't so much implying that the OP's use of that word annoyed me..... it was the fact that everyone else who replied, KEPT using the same word. I was surprised that since the OP chose the word 'defecate,' that each person who replied, just kept using the same term.

Get it now?
  • If you are suffering urinary incontinence you must do kegel exercise to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles this is really awesome and effective exercise that you can do.
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    sloth3toes:

U g3+ !+ n0w?

So, since she's Turkish, she can title a thread, 'About Urinary frequency,' and then, discuss nothing but defecating in the thread.

This

Normally I drink lots of water and go to toilet to pee but defecating is not in order.

Would imply that her English is strong enough, that she knows the difference between urinating ( and 'peeing' as she also refers to it ) and defecating. My question was, 'Why is the thread title about peeing?' It seems like a legitimate question to me. You wanna pull the 'English is not her 1st language card' for her.... sure, go right ahead.

Oh, and *ETA* Regarding the use of the word 'defecating....' I wasn't so much implying that the OP's use of that word annoyed me..... it was the fact that everyone else who replied, KEPT using the same word. I was surprised that since the OP chose the word 'defecate,' that each person who replied, just kept using the same term.

Get it now?

Omg who the hell cares stop beating a dead horse.
  • morf13
    morf13 Posts: 151 Member
    My Doctor told me that for every meal you eat, you should have a bowel movement,so I think 3 times a day is not a problem, personally,I usually go 2 times a day or so. Definitely get some fiber,either in your food, or thru a supplement. As far as urinating, I have been drinking several large cups of water a day,not counting, just trying to drink alot,and sometimes, I urinate every hour or two. I try not to drink after 7pm, because I don't want to have to wake up in the middle of the night to pee
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes:

U g3+ !+ n0w?

This

Get it now?

Omg who the hell cares stop beating a dead horse.

You're the one beating the dead horse, lady.... my last post in this thread was October 13, 2013 10:46 AM. Until you replied.

Flogging_A_Dead_Horse.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Edited, because I care.*