Can cramming chem burn calories? :p

Options
I'm obviously joking. I have an exam in less than 2 months and now have no time to exercise properly- I'm too tired after all that study to really do anything and If i've not got my head in the books I'm feeling guilty. Short of getting some sort of equipment that hangs reading material in front of my eyes while I walk (and tbh this could cause problems bumping into people/things/tripping over small animals) Suggestions please!

Replies

• IsabellaGiano
    IsabellaGiano Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have several times in which I have to work in office about, oh, 12 hours? Plus a couple more at home. In those period I obviously think about everything except to exercise... too tired, too stressed, as you say.

Well... if we have to do that way, we will. Eat less (sad, but...) and walk at least half an hour a day... this will help you, and believe me, your brain will also thanks for a little break, you will study more efficiently after such a small pause.
  • jakkidoodles
    Options
    Thanks Isabella, much appreciated and I'm glad i'm not the only one. I know a walk will probably do me good, I just wish there was a way I could still study while doing it lol
  • IsabellaGiano
    IsabellaGiano Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks Isabella, much appreciated and I'm glad i'm not the only one. I know a walk will probably do me good, I just wish there was a way I could still study while doing it lol

I know, I know...

But really, believe to someone that study for profession...
    Our brain NEED breaks.
    While walking and thinking at whatever we like, it still kind of go over and over again on the problems we were dealing before.
    It happens a lot of times to have the sudden thought... eureka! :) while thinking of, oh, buy the new food for the red fish.

I strongly suggest you to fix some small breaks during your studying sessions. Really. :)
  • MattyFTM
    MattyFTM Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You could record yourself reciting chemistry information and then play it back on an MP3 player whilst exercising. I'd suggest trying not to read directly from a book, but first summarize it in bullet point form and record that. Spending time summarizing them in your own words will help you learn the information, and listening to it multiple times will help further.

And if you get bored with that, maybe try listening to some chemistry podcasts or radio shows whilst exercising. Whilst this may not directly help you learn the things on your curriculum, learning more about the subject in general will help your overall understanding of the topic and ultimately help you in your chemistry classes.