can i save TDEE calories?

Options
XLMACX
XLMACX Posts: 346 Member
hi,

i have worked out that im allowed 1420 with MFP i work out 4X a week burn around 1000 calories a week (uisng a HRM monitor).
i intend on "saving" my Exercise calories for weekend were i can have wine chocolate and relax more....
my TDEE says im allowed 1700cals daily which seems a reasonable amount (i selected option of light work out 1-3X a week just in case for some reason i ever miss a work out plus the 1940cals i gives me for working out 5X a week seems too high)

SO im just wondering if i can use TDEE but if i dont eat all 1700 cals a day the extra i can build up and have my saturday night treat ?? obviosuly as i will have 1700cals every day i wouldnt really need that much "extra" on the satuday anu how but just wondering if i can do it this way and as long as i stay under my weekly net would thta be ok to do??

sorry if this is confusing lol
thanks

Replies

• benno1978
    benno1978 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think you can - just make sure your total calories for the week are under goal - it's just a different way to count calories over the week rather than day by day kind of like 5/2 diet

Make sure you don't cut cals too much on your workout days though
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You've posted this exact same topic 4+ times recently.

The bottom line is that it's going to take trial & error to find what works for you. Stop overthinking this, and start doing it. Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Weigh your food. Eat back your exercise calories for two weeks. If you don't lose, eat back half your exercise calories for another two weeks.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I know a couple of people who do that and seems to work out ok. I don't do it on a regular basis, but I have been known to for a big event, like my 25th anniversary last year, and works Christmas party.
  • XLMACX
    Options
    Sorry im just worried becuase i have always done weight watchers for years and scared to change! i do over complicate and worry too much about things tad bit too obsessed! lol saturday is my offical start day so as you say just trial it out and if i gain adjust accordnigly.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Sorry im just worried becuase i have always done weight watchers for years and scared to change! i do over complicate and worry too much about things tad bit too obsessed! lol saturday is my offical start day so as you say just trial it out and if i gain adjust accordingly
    We can be our own worst enemy sometimes.

It really will take trial & error. And you need to do one thing consistently for two weeks before you can even tell if it's working. And I'll warn you right now: weight loss is not linear. Weigh yourself weekly, and look for a downward trend. Do not get OCD about what the scale says—take photos & measurements too. Some weeks you'll do everything right & maintain—or even gain. Others you'll "magically" drop a whole lot of weight for no good reason. Don't panic. Just look for a downward trend.
  • XLMACX
    Options
    Thank you I using average 1lb a week with weight watchers if have worked out how many calories on a typical week I would get on it with all my weeklys my daily 26 points and all fruit veg and salad inc it worked out about the same if I eat calories am eating now + eating back excersice calories so I'm pretty confident weight loss will stay the same, I do get obsessed with the scale NAND quite recently I stopped weighing for a month which I get the results Saturday morning as I have said in previous post, I plan on trying my calories out tweaking we're necessary then when I seem to be on a constant loss say after a month I'm going to result back to monthly weigh in and focus on body image I do notice my body getting smaller from all working out which is good scales annoy me I'm always such a slow loser lol