devices, watches, etc - question: which is the best?

Options
I am thinking about getting a heart rate monitor of some-sort.
probably a watch
I would like to know my heart rate while I am working out.
It would also be nice if it counted calories.
Are there any like this.
Also are there any that are pretty decent "looking" that I can wear all day, just like any other watch?
I work in a professional office environment.
thank you.

Replies

• kdubby22
    kdubby22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been a happy user of the Polar FT4. After entering in your age, gender, height and weight it calculates you heart rate (by syncing the watch to a chest strap you must wear) and it calculates calories burned at the end of your workout. There are a ton of Polar watches to choose from but I've been very happy with the 4. The cheapest I've found them is on Amazon :)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B04UH7Q/ref=twister_B003AJGN5Y

You could wear this watch all day if you choose, but I wouldn't leave it "running" and measuring your heart rate all day. It's not meant for that purpose and it would be beeping throughout the day whenever your heart rate would fluctuate.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Agreed on the FT4. I have had it for a while.

I don't use it anymore since i'm not tracking heart rate but when I was doing P90X I loved that thing.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Agree with the others - you can't go wrong with a Polar. I've had mine for about 8 years now and I love it.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    if you want the best get the suunto gps enabled and heart rate monitor. or a garmin forerunner if price is an issue.