Where to clip FitBit Zip?

Options
My FitBit Zip comes in today and I'm trying to figure out where to wear it. I dont' wear pants so I will have to hook it to my bra but I don't know where exactly to clip it. I can't find anything specific as to where on the bra it goes? What works best, in the center, on the straps (Front/back?), in the cups??? Or does it really not matter?

Where do you clip your Zip to get the most accurate results?

Replies

• jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    When I had my One, I would clip it to my bra strap, or even the band. You could also try your shoes, where the laces are. (I would switch my One there on days I would spin)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I clip mine front and center of my bra (edited to add: with the display facing in towards my body). It doesn't show there, it's comfortable, I don't even feel it.

As far as accuracy, I seem to get the same results whether it's clipped there, or when I occasionally clip it to my waistband on yoga pants or in a pocket of a sweatshirt. But generally it's on the center of my bra (both regular and on my sports bras during workouts).
  • cc141
    cc141 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit zip! I wear it in the middle of my bra,in the front. I think that's the easiest for me because it never falls off and I don't even notice it.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    If you wear it on your bra, BFC (bra front and center), the edge of a cup, or along one of the straps. I wear it on a cup a little to the left since my bras are front clasp. I've moved it to my pants, either clipped to the fob pocket facing inward or along the waistband.

I have noticed that the Zip is more generous with calorie burns compared to the Ultra.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I clip mine front and center of my bra (edited to add: with the display facing in towards my body). It doesn't show there, it's comfortable, I don't even feel it.

I have a FitBit One, and I clip mine the same way. However, how I face it depends on what kind of bra I'm wearing. If I have a sports bra, I clip the display facing my body. Regular bra I have the display facing away from my body. I never even notice it, and can't feel it at all :smile:
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have the One, but they are similar. I clip it front and center, facing in (as someone else mentioned) ... at times as you work our and it gets sweaty, it CAN fall out of the little silicone case. Facing in toward your body does help keep it a tad more secure.

At times when a certain shirt was a little tight or sheer and I could see the Fitbit, I would move it. If wearing a dress, I would clip it to the waistband of my underwear (with a formfitting dress, that could still be a problem too though). I have put it on my shoe laces during a bike ride but a word of warning there - although I don't get a ton of "step" credit for a ride, the calorie count comes in REALLY high (like double). It's just good to double check that (with an activity record) and make adjustments if needed. If you eat back your calories, you want to make sure those calories have actually been earned!
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Front and center seems to be the general consensus so that's what I'll do. Thanks for the advice!
  • lbsNirvana
    lbsNirvana Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hmm..now you guys are making it even harder for men to keep looking at the face during a conversation...I bet i am gonna start wondering if they had something clipped there...
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    hmm..now you guys are making it even harder for men to keep looking at the face during a conversation...I bet i am gonna start wondering if they had something clipped there...

A good portion of women not wearing a FitBit probably have other stuff in there. We use that as extra storage space! Money, phones, lipstick, the list goes on. I would bet every women has put something in there at least once in their life.
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Yep, center of my bra, facing out for me. It's totally unnoticeable.
  • lbsNirvana
    lbsNirvana Posts: 18 Member
    Options

A good portion of women not wearing a FitBit probably have other stuff in there. We use that as extra storage space! Money, phones, lipstick, the list goes on. I would bet every women has put something in there at least once in their life.

omg..thats a treasure trove...