Lets Get Ready to (let my tummy) Rumble!!!!

Options
I'm new to MFP but I love what I see! The site is very easy to use and the community seems to be very encouraging. :flowerforyou: I've lost 40 pounds since June but need support to get through the next 60. I was starting to get off track with Christmas goodies popping up everywhere but now that I'm recording everything I eat, that 200 calorie sugar cookie (high in saturated fat) isn't quite so appealing. I appreciate any tips for avoiding the sweet temptations of the holidays.

Replies

• Marcia_11
    Marcia_11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    If you can find it, there is a gum by Extra called FruitSensations. The sweet watermelon is wonderful and is my go to when the sweet tooth hits. If I'm chewing that I'm not tempted by other goodies!
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    What works for me is looking at the calorie count before I eat it. Sometimes I'm frankly shocked at some things. If I really want it, I budget for it. I have the droid app so it's easy and convenient to do. Usually seeing a big number on something is enough to make me turn away.
  • lanadee
    lanadee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congrats on counting your calories. It is a real eye opener, isn't it?

I unfortunately am a "sugar-holic", I have had to ban sugar and carbs on a regular basis. This seems to be the only way I can lose any weight. I found that when I just say "NO" to the sugar and carbs I can then OCCASIONALY have a bite here and there without going on a sugar binge.

You will do well if you remember that nothing tastes as good as thin feels
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello and sugar free jello chocolate pudding really save me. Whenever I want something sweet I can usually rely on one of the two to get me through the craving, and when all else fails - I have some baking chocolate in my fridge and I'll eat a serving of the chocolate chips. It was hard in the beginning but its one of them things that - the more you stick with it, the easier and more natural it gets !
  • akaDuchess
    akaDuchess Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congrats on counting your calories. It is a real eye opener, isn't it?

I unfortunately am a "sugar-holic", I have had to ban sugar and carbs on a regular basis. This seems to be the only way I can lose any weight. I found that when I just say "NO" to the sugar and carbs I can then OCCASIONALY have a bite here and there without going on a sugar binge.

You will do well if you remember that nothing tastes as good as thin feels

I was completely off sugar and sugar substitutes this summer and that's where I realized how much the sugar was responsible for the cravings I get. Keep saying "NO"!
  • Kwauhop
    Options
    sweets are my weakness....I've been way off track since the holidays started....the only thing I can do is to not even take one bite, just walk away....if I taste it I always want more and then I binge...bad me....
  • akaDuchess
    akaDuchess Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello and sugar free jello chocolate pudding really save me. Whenever I want something sweet I can usually rely on one of the two to get me through the craving, and when all else fails - I have some baking chocolate in my fridge and I'll eat a serving of the chocolate chips. It was hard in the beginning but its one of them things that - the more you stick with it, the easier and more natural it gets !

Thanks for the suggestions. I already use the sugar free jello (less than 10 calories) but had been using Fat free jello pudding (100 cals) for an occasional snack. I just checked the SF pudding in the database and it's only 60 cals.
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I am a sugarholic also. Esp. With chocolate. Great tip I will get SD chocolate pudding instead to get me thru. Yesterday I did good. I just had 1 macadamia almond Roca.
  • BBCoach_Chiiva
    BBCoach_Chiiva Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hey there!! welcome to this site, i know your gonna love it!.. :)