Should I start 30 Day Shred?

Options
Hey ya'll,

I'm thinking about starting 30 day shred. I've been doing Walk Away the Pounds 3 Mile with a weight belt and 3 pound dumbbells about 3 times a week for a month (I went from the couch to that workout, and I'm a social smoker so my lung endurance is not the best). I'm seeing steady results with Walk Away the Pounds, but I wanted something with a little more strength training in order to 1) lose weight and 2) lose inches. The weight loss is important to me because my doctor says I am overweight - I need to lose about 20 pounds to be "acceptable" by my doctor - and the inches are important because I want to look good!

Should I work my way up to 30 Day Shred? Is it more a workout for people who are already fit looking to tighten and tone? Should I jump right in and supplement it with cardio? Is there another workout that you would suggest more?

Thanks!

Replies

• ntyvadb
    ntyvadb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I am really unfit and have done level 1 of this dvd before but never stuck with it. I did it everyday. I am going to start it again but reading on the website jillian says to do it every other day so going to do that x
  • leeannsandon
    Options
    I started the 30ds 2 days ago, I thought I was fairly fit ish as I jog on a trampette alot and do squats and lunges BUT I was soooooo wrong, the past two days I have ached with muscles I never knew I had ouch ouch ouch but worth it, I do 30ds with 5lb dumbbells, due to not getting my full calories for the day ive started drinking two protein shakes a day and this helps with the aching muscles and started seeing it to help my work outs and dont feel as soon, after a post I put on here I want the toning and lean physique not to frop loads of weight and jump on the scales daily, give it a go you ll like it