Good protein bar less expensive than Quest?

Options

Replies

• lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I like the brand "Kind"... lots of variety.
  • DaniMarie180
    Options
    I love Power Crunch bars. They taste really good (they're like wafer cookies), they're low in sugar, and they're over $1 cheaper than Quest bars. I just had my first Quest bar last week. It was good, but I'm not sure it was good enough to justify the price. They'll probably be a once in awhile treat for me.

I LOVE Power Crunch bars! The French Vanilla flavor is my fave. I first bought them at Trader Joe's, then find them less expensive purchasing online by the box (I shop around first). Less expensive than Quest. I like Quest a lot as well, but they can sometimes be overly sweet to me.
  • ShutupndMovee257
    ShutupndMovee257 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    power Crunch is good but they have a lot of sugar. I would still stick with quest bars just go to GNC and get a membership because you get great deals :-)
  • ijmarvel
    ijmarvel Posts: 1
    Options
    The Simply Bar! Their slogan is "More Protein. Less Calories." And it's true! 16g of protein for 140-160 calories per bar. And they're delish.
  • ahawkx
    ahawkx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Balance Bar - but ONLY the mint cookie version. It literally tastes like a girlscout thin mint cookie! It is the only bar I will eat now!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I order my Quest bars directly from the company by the box, or sometimes through Amazon Prime with free shipping, if there happens to be a good price available. I pay just over $2 per bar that way. I have not found another bar that measures up, but I did like Clif Builder's Bars before I discovered Quest.

^^ I agree with this. Also with the total grams of protein and fiber in one bar a bargain at a little over $2.00/bar. Way cheaper than what I was spending per day on my horrible eating habits, with horrible nutrition value pre-MFP. Just saying.
  • jelkins2000
    jelkins2000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of Quest bars before this. Are they meal replacement bars? They look more like snacks or treats. I'll have to try them.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I make my own. I found the recipe on youtube. I think it was called the Easiest Protein Bars.

4 cups Oatmeal
    8 scoops Protein Powder
    10 tbsp Peanut Butter
    1 cup Almond Milk

Mix in a large bowl. It'll form a huge blob. Press the blob flat into a rectangular pan, cover, and refrigerate for a few hours. Remove and cut into squares.

It's simple to make, there are no additives, they taste good, and they're cheap.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I order my Quest bars directly from the company by the box, or sometimes through Amazon Prime with free shipping, if there happens to be a good price available. I pay just over $2 per bar that way. I have not found another bar that measures up, but I did like Clif Builder's Bars before I discovered Quest.

Exactly. I buy mine direct, also.

^^ I agree with this. Also with the total grams of protein and fiber in one bar a bargain at a little over $2.00/bar. Way cheaper than what I was spending per day on my horrible eating habits, with horrible nutrition value pre-MFP. Just saying.
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I make my own. I found the recipe on youtube. I think it was called the Easiest Protein Bars.

4 cups Oatmeal
    8 scoops Protein Powder
    10 tbsp Peanut Butter
    1 cup Almond Milk

Mix in a large bowl. It'll form a huge blob. Press the blob flat into a rectangular pan, cover, and refrigerate for a few hours. Remove and cut into squares.

It's simple to make, there are no additives, they taste good, and they're cheap.

Might have to try this....

I like kind bars and they do have a lot of different flavors, but I just ordered my first ever quest bars (2 variety boxes) from amazon, can hardly wait till they get here.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Thinkthin Protein Bars - 20g protein, 0g sugar
    I like to freeze them, tastes so much better

I second this. There are not as many varieties as Quest, but I can get them on sale at Kroger for $1 each. Chocolate Brownie crunch is my favorite.

I thought ThinkThin didn't have that many flavors, then I found a bunch on amazon.com. If you buy at least 5 items via Subscribe and Save, you can save 20%

thanks for the tip!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You just added 30 seconds to your life...
    Yes!!!!! Now I finally have time for cardio.
    [/quote]

LMAO!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You just added 30 seconds to your life...
    Yes!!!!! Now I finally have time for cardio.

LMAO!

Who am I kidding. I've been saying for month that I'm going to start doing(2) 12 min sessions a week and I still haven't. My running shoes are getting bored being in the trunk.
    [/quote]

12 min??? Too long... I can have you gasping for air in 4 minutes ;)
  • gweneddk
    gweneddk Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I watch for sales and specials. Around the holidays I got a buy one box and get one half off through quest directly. GNC periodically Serbs me $10 coupons and their bars are buy 3 get 1 free so I just got 16 bars for $22. Also recently ordered some through vitacost along w protein powder and got $15 off my purchase. I like balance bars too but they aren't as filling fir the # of calories.
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Definately check out Power Crunch bars. You won't believe how tasty they are!
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    The Pure Protein Chewy Chocolate Chip... but Quest is absolutely superior.
  • MRSpivey
    MRSpivey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars... Revolution or Decadent Chocolate. The Chocolate Peanut Butter are good also but I go for minimum calories-minimum carbs-minimum fat with maximum protein (minimum of 20 grams) and the lowest cost.
  • tariksehovic
    tariksehovic Posts: 39 Member
    Options

That's what I do. I get a box for $20.

WHERE ?